Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cathyand80

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2020
Florida
This will be a bit of a test... Another of these threads started with good intentions... but was soon taken over by regulars.

if you just joined MacRumors, reply and introduce yourself.

This is only for new Macrumors users... only users who registered within two months of the current date may reply...

All other users posts will be deleted. (moderators, please enforce this). This will be for myself included... only comments by truely "new" users will be allowed in this thread.

Discuss away...

(this could fail miserably if no one replies :) )

arn
This will be a bit of a test... Another of these threads started with good intentions... but was soon taken over by regulars.

if you just joined MacRumors, reply and introduce yourself.

This is only for new Macrumors users... only users who registered within two months of the current date may reply...

All other users posts will be deleted. (moderators, please enforce this). This will be for myself included... only comments by truely "new" users will be allowed in this thread.

Discuss away...

(this could fail miserably if no one replies :) )

arn
My name is Cathy, I just joined as I may need easy to follow correct info for my: iPhone XR and IPad Air A2153. I am in 60’s and sometimes needing instruction in using this technical world we older people sometimes need help in areas of these gadgets. My main concern is security, how to perform tasks easy as I do not like being on a iPhone or iPad for hours. My main interest are genealogy, old pictures editing for my family to enjoy. But medical illness is making difficult to finish what I start
[automerge]1586367252[/automerge]
My name is Cathy, I just joined as I may need easy to follow correct info for my: iPhone XR and IPad Air A2153. I am in 60’s and sometimes needing instruction in using this technical world we older people sometimes need help in areas of these gadgets. My main concern is security, how to perform tasks easy as I do not like being on a iPhone or iPad for hours. My main interest are genealogy, old pictures editing for my family to enjoy. But medical illness is making difficult to finish what I start
Did I post this correctly?? It does not look like I did .

Reactions: Locke Cole and arn

Ryan McEvoy

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2020
I’m not a lurker at all. Just found this forum via Google. I have been on forums for over 15 years and they are a great source of information. So I thought I would just jump in. Just waiting for the mods to approve my first thread as the search function came up with nothing current. Thanks for all of your knowledge and wisdom that you share with others.

Reactions: Locke Cole

dave.reedman

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2020
Hi all from Peterborough (UK) I’m a newbie on the forum although I’ve owned Macs for around the last 12 years. Currently using a Macbook Pro - confirmed  user with ipad, ipod and iphone XR ?

Reactions: Tetsy

Ai Di

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2020
Hi all from Sacramento (Moscow region, Russia) I am new to the forum, although I have everything from Apple, and I have been reading this forum for many years. Thank you for all your knowledge and experience that you share with others.

Last edited:

Jaybird180

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2020
New forum member. I started admiring the Apple world writing a paper on an Apple IISE in the late 80's. I couldn't afford an Apple computer until years later.

Around 2010 I bought an iPad2 because of the aviation app, Foreflight. Later I thought it would be a good idea to have a cockpit backup, so I grudgingly gave up my Windows Mobile phone for an iPhone 5. I then went to a 6+ and my current X.

Around 2015 I bought an iMac 2013 from Apple refurbished that never operated correctly and I was just too ignorant to really be sure. I planned to do some video work but that didn't transpire and it machine was too kludgy. Apple said it passed all the tests, so I shrugged. This year, I finally got to nerve to upgrade that machine against advice of my friends, professionals and the manufacturer. I'm pretty proud of doing that upgrade. I doubled the RAM to 16Gb and swapped the HDD to Flash. With a clean Catalina install it now performs the way I believe it was intended to from the beginning and I actually enjoy using it.

Somewhere along the way, I convinced my wife to switch. She owns a MacBook Air that we bought new for her to use for work from home and she loves it. She's had that several years and it's not showing any signs of aging. She's on her 3rd iPhone.

My 3 children have their own iPads. I own a Time Machine and an AppleTV. My wife and I both have Apple Watches, though she doesn't like the ergonomics for some unknown reason.

And in the words of Forrest Gump..."That's about it."

GDubya3

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2020
Aye. I've been checking out this site for as long as I can remember. As a documentary editor in Toronto, Canada I spend way to much time wondering when the right time to upgrade will be - I appreciate y'all long time posters for helping out over the years.

Kpfe1f

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2020
Canada
Just purchased my first iPhone - the new SE in Canada (white 128gb). Excited to get into the Apple ecosystem and to use iMessage and other goodies.

Any tips for a first time iPhone user? My friend is currently letting me use their old 8 plus to hold me over to the new phone and to get acquainted with iOS.

josejobin8

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2020
Hi everyone,

This post is one of my early instances using this macrumors forum. I have been using a PC from the time Windows 95 came out. Since then I have used all windows oses till present. I don't have any experiences using mac until i bought one. I have been using old hard drive based ipods, ipads, iphones for some few years till now. I am here at mac rumors for some occasional buyers guides and for some occasional fixes for mac problems that might arise. Hope you all have a good time ahead. Thanks for tuning in.

James Norwood

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2020
California
I've been following MacRumors for a long time now but decided to register today. I'm a die hard Apple fan and have just about every device they sell in at least one generation (some of them like the iPhone, iPad, and computers I have multiple iterations of). I started using iPhone in its first generation (even before the App store had launched). I'm happy to be here.

MrMidnight

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2020
Dear All,

Greetings from France !

37 years old, 1 wife, 1 son, and 1 house !

I've discovered apple computers in 2004 with a Mac mini.
Same thing for Hackintosh world in 2012... year of my hack build.

I practice CrossFit 4 times a week, and I'm also passionate by Mac OS but.....I've reduced a lot my time passed behind screens since the birth of my son (1 year and a half ago).

See U later on the board !

kassler

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2020
Hi. I am a newbie in upgrading Mac and a newbie in using forum. Due to COVID lock down, I have to do an upgrade from High Sierra to Catalina on unsupported Mac and is facing some challenges.

Freddie Piñeiro

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2020
Puerto Rico
Hello, my name is Freddie, I am a recording & mixing engineer from Puerto Rico. I just joined as I was looking for a way to change the icon of the Catalina drive on the startup manager (Boot Screen). I have a Mac Pro (late 2013) and I dual boot to Windows. I have managed to change the icon on the Windows (EFI Boot) partition but cannot do the same on the macOS partition. If anyone could help with this, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

Temetka

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2020
Hello.

I am new here, but not new to forums or Macs.

Let's see - I currently own the following Apple products

iPhone SE 64GB (not the 2020 version)
iPad Mini 4 (mine, but wifey uses it mostly)
iPad Air 2 64GB
MacBook Air Mid-2011 2GB/250GB
Hackintosh (Dell OptiPlex 3020 running Mojave)

I work in IT. Been using Macs for over 20 years.

Jeremytg3

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2020
Pennsylvania
Hi all,

Name is Jeremy, I’m from Florida but currently live in Pennsylvania. I joined up after ordering a new 13” MBP and figured it would be a good idea since I’ve never owned an Apple laptop. This is surprising since I’m fairly deep into the ecosystem.

11 Pro Max
Series 5 Apple Watch
AirPod Pros
4 HomePods
2 Apple TVs
10.2 iPad

So it was only fitting to grab a laptop since my Windows machine died recently. I’m a healthcare professional and I’m excited to contribute a bit and learn a lot.

jumperger

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2020
Hi,
what to say, I started computing in the mid 80s with a machine having a cassette tape as storage, I don’t even remember the name ?. As I couldn’t afford an apple I came from a Apple II copy to the Atari world until their end and found my way to the PC world.
Since 2008 I’ve also a Macbook Alu late 2008, which I managed to bring to El Capitan a few days ago.
Now I want to bring it to High Sierra, thats the reason why I’m reading this forum.
kind regards
ger

luigarma73

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2020
Spain
Hi everybody from Spain! very good information in this forum!!!.

I am using mac since 2009, still believing much better than windows.

The Mid 2011 Macbook Pro, one of the worst scored apple computers .... it has been my best computer all times!!!, workhorse for 7 years!.

Regards everyone!

GlynZap

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2020
G'day All from Oz. Been using Apple computers since the IIc days. Very pleased with my MacPro 2019. Quite an upgrade over my previous MacPro 2008 (3,1)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.