Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RipOdouglas

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2019
Portland
This will be a bit of a test... Another of these threads started with good intentions... but was soon taken over by regulars.

if you just joined MacRumors, reply and introduce yourself.

This is only for new Macrumors users... only users who registered within two months of the current date may reply...

All other users posts will be deleted. (moderators, please enforce this). This will be for myself included... only comments by truely "new" users will be allowed in this thread.

Discuss away...

(this could fail miserably if no one replies :) )

arn
Hi, i go by the user name RipOdouglas. I am a lontime Apple 2, user and enthusiast. I have two Apple iigs-es and an Apple iie. I am having problems with my rom 1 iigs. My Quality 20 meg hard drive crashed and power supply went bad. Now system doesn't boot even with good power supply. Had system for about 30 years. Really tough. Stiil have a good iigs and iie runs dood too. But no hard drive anymore. Cant run GSOS anymore. Looking for solutions.

Reactions: Locke Cole and arn

nickbelane

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2019
Hello everyone,

I think I fall in the lurker category.... ? following MacRumors for a couple of years to get the best insights for my iPhone and my mac ? I have finally decided to join the community!

LOPT

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2019
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the welcome note. I dabbled in Mac's and did a lot with NEXT by converting our HQ's computer environment. Met Steve Jobs during that time period and finally moved from Windows to MAC's in 2008, converted my wife in 2009, 1- 13" Macbook Air, 4 MacBook Pro's (2-2015, 1-2016, 1-2008). All MBP's are 15" except the 2008 which is 17" and sadly the 2008 OS is no longer upgradable but it runs great. No problems its entire life being on the road 30 Weeks a year, but heavy. Apple TV, 27" Monitor, 3 iPad's, and 3 iPhones as well as other network devices mostly no longer in use.

I have been following for several years and finally decided to join this community. Mostly interested in what is going on typically do not have many issues so just keeping informed of "stuff".
--Ty

Last edited:

wrianwolfsn

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2020
Austria
This will be a bit of a test... Another of these threads started with good intentions... but was soon taken over by regulars.

This is only for new Macrumors users... only users who registered within two months of the current date may reply...

All other users posts will be deleted. (moderators, please enforce this). This will be for myself included... only comments by truely "new" users will be allowed in this thread.

Discuss away...

arn
Hi arn !
and thank you all for this great forum !
This forum and it‘s practical technical
knowledge has saved me a lot of nerves !
Mainly I‘m using the keyboard for
making music by ear . It‘s bad for me ,
that Terminal need knowing notes .
Another nice mesh .

Maybe there‘s yet a post here about getting an
Highpoint 7110 to work under Mojave
cMP5,1 ( V12 ! ) without the error that the Hpt GUI is showing only the SAS part while the NVME controller part
is missing .
In comparison to High Sierra there‘s
a new entry for internal generic nvme
in the IOVNMeFamily.kext‘s plist that
must be deleted . Otherwise the internal Nvme babies load prior at boot sequence and the hpt kexts lost the game and one can install untill he‘s headbanging .
Highpoint also should bring out a
64 bit version , when they‘re stating
to be now full Catalina compatible.
But when these Controllers work they are great - a 64K striped 970 Pro
APFS 2TB I could measure w/r - around 4,8/5,3 GB/s ( Blackmagic ).

With my best regards ,

wrian

Reactions: arn and Locke Cole

Maurizio Marra

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2020

Discuss away...

arn
Oooops... This is actually my second post in the forum, as I’ve already wrote something in the Catalina bugs thread.
My name is Maurizio, 61, from Turin, NW Italy.
Mac user since 1986, and... Well, hi everybody and accept my New Year greetings... ?

BebeDahling

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2015
Missouri

I thought I joined earlier. You have my photo and I have an email and password. I just posted a question.

Jxdawg

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2019
I have been reading MacRumors for a hot minute, didn’t decide to get involved until now. Love this forum community! I started my professional life as a film editor which prompted my introduction to the MacBook. I had used iPods prior to this, but the Mac world truly drew me in. I no longer edit, I changed career paths to join the clergy. But I still enjoy my iPhone (and occasionally my retro iPod shuffle for running!)

darkchronicle

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2020
Hello everyone, I am new here. My current apple product is iPad Pro 12.9 2nd generation. The reason I am here because my iPad is having the bright white spot problem. Why apple product is suffering these poor quality build product? Ahhh, I am frustrating because paid so much in the end got such problem.. This is a known issue for iPad pro 2017 series, am I right?

Steve2saint

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2020

Discuss away...

arn
My name is Steve. I live in a rural community, Carrollton Illinois. We are the county seat, and our population is about 2700 people. My nearest Apple store is about 70 miles away, and my nearest authorized repair facility is 85 miles away. I have an early 2008 IMAC and of course due to hardware limitations I can't run any OS X newer than El Capitan. I found out about this forum while searching for help. Hopefully someone here will have answers to my dilemma. I wish I had found this forum sooner, but life is what it is. I bought my machine while I was working a contract job in Homestead Florida, in early 2008. I absolutely love my IMAC. I bought it because I got tired of the Microsoft bull. Their best answer to software problems was to come out with a new operating system, that also was full of bugs. I really missed Microsoft office, but then I was able to buy a copy of Microsoft office for Mac. I ordered it on CD. About every 3 years or so I reload my system software to keep everything running great. I'm barely computer literate, and don't use it for nearly as much as I can, but I do what I need to do.

joaqslam

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2020
Hi everyone.
Hopefully get to get some tips and info for my mac but really signed up as this alphashoppers redirect on safari is driving me crazy and some viruses that i've tried to remove keep showing up.
Hopefully i get some info on how to repair/remove them.

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 10.26.44 AM.png
d also

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hi everyone.
Hopefully get to get some tips and info for my mac but really signed up as this alphashoppers redirect on safari is driving me crazy and some viruses that i've tried to remove keep showing up.
Hopefully i get some info on how to repair/remove them.

View attachment 889819 d also

Run Malwarebytes on there to get rid of that junk.

joaqslam

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2020

Run Malwarebytes on there to get rid of that junk.
I hear you. although i ran malwarebytes and it did't quite do it though. what fixed it for me is Scanguard.
thanks for your inputs

danielcox5

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2020
Hi there, I am new here but by all other accounts, in no way new. I'm 59 years old and a long long time pcuser and Apple Mac naysayer. I have always expressed my disdain at the fruity machine and it's users and even more so it's creators and controllers. for decades I have believed that we PC users and Android phone users were superior to the Mac and iPhone users because we operated without the constraints set by our device creators. At no time did I ever consider the possibility that the other machines we're in anyway superior or that the aforementioned constraints were in fact safeguards put in place to protect the devices and their owners. Or that the devices could in fact be used in so many more wonderful ways.

since the days of writing autoexec.bat files for "IBM clones" my delusions of grandeur have kept me encapsulated in the small world of the PC and Android phone....until just recently when quite by accident I was left alone 4 some considerable time with an Apple Mac. More out of boredom than anything else I started to "fool around" with the machine, just the tiniest bit curious about it's appeal to so many but soon my curiosity turn to intrigue as the owner of the machine returned and proceeded to answer the barrage of questions I threw his way. He then proceeded to introduce me to firstly his iPhone and then to the myriad of wonderful ways these two pieces of equipment could be manipulated to be exactly what their owner wanted.

I was so intrigued that over the next few weeks I purchased an iPhone for myself. After subsequent conversations with my friend my curiosity was further piqued at the mention of the Hackintosh. I then spent considerable hours on the web investigating and then creating this fabled machine with one of my Pc's.

I have discovered, over these last 6 weeks or so,some of the marvels of these devices. That I am not restricted but encouraged to learn more about the ways in which they can not only be used independently, but the ways they can be used together to both compliment each other but also e used to transform each other into the devices I want them to be. Contrary to my previous belief they are far more ready to be moulded into wonderful creations than my PC or Android phone.

My travels around the world wide web in search of knowledge have brought me here, to a place where it seems people come together in the search for more knowledge as I have found is a common denominator on a few of these forum sights. It seems apple connoisseurs are far more friendly and willing to share knowledge than the narrow minded people of the NO IDEVICES ALLOWED pc and Android users.

I won't say too much more at the moment because I am still absorbing so much new knowledge each day that I have yet to accumulate enough questions to warrant a Q&A with anyone plus while I am learning I am, in my own way, evaluating the people I see so that I may judge who , when the time comes, are going to be the ones I ask the questions of.

Thank you for your warm welcome to this site and trust me in the very near future I will transform from response sitting on the edge of the discussions, to the protagonist in said discussions.

My name is Daniel. I am 59 years old and greetings to all !!!!

Warmest regards.

shaikhspeare

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2020
hey uhhh

I'm eshaan and I'm kinda new to apple, you could say. i just got a MBP 2015 from my friend, and i gotta say, I'm loving it. I mainly got it for my music stuff, and it helps a lot compared to windows.

looking forward to whatever new surprises this machine throws my way (but tbh, i don't really like Catalina)

AJK13K

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2020
Dutchess County, NY
I am a new member but a long time follower. I live in a rural village in the NE US. I am retired from a long career in programming and project management. I became aware of Apple through NeXT.

My first Apple product was an iPod. I have had a series of iPads and phones and finally de-MSed myself with a MacBook Air. I just retired my B&O ear buds for Air pods X another Homerun.

I guess net I am a 75 year old Apple fanboy.

Art k

Jan-jan

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2020
Hello, new here. MacBook Air and iPad Air 2 user. Registered on this board with the goal of learning new things. I'm from Europe, from the Kingdom of Belgium. Dutch and French speaking country (and a little bit of German) in Western Europe.

Reactions: Locke Cole

18TUNDRDABY

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2020
Hello All, newbie joining in. Long time macrumors reviewer, very helpful and informative forum, that I appreciate it. Adult with a self appointed cat assistant (If i don't pay him enough attention he walks the keyboard but so far has managed never to hit send).

Steves4

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2020
Iowa
I just registered. It appears that this may be an older site but I'll try it out. Name is Steves4, from Iowa. Have had iMacs since 2012, on my second one. Normally works great (first one's hard drive went kaput, put in new one, which later went kaput. Now on 2nd iMac) Normally it works fine, but having problems with calibration of monitor. I may post more on this if people are interested.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Now on 2nd iMac) Normally it works fine, but having problems with calibration of monitor. I may post more on this if people are interested.

Post details over in the iMac forum section and hopefully someone will pop in to help you.

Welcome to the forums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.