Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rejean

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2020
Hello, I've been reading the forum for quite a while and if I can contribute in any way, Great! Thank to you all for your contributions in helping this community. I've been using mac since its debut with the Mac plus... a long time ago?.
See you on the forum.
Rejean

Reactions: Locke Cole

Lucky667

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2020
London/SW-Germany
Hi all,

I just registered today :) I know about the forum quite a long time, and just with reading through threads it helped me a lot with computer problems that occured here and there.

I am a musician and music producer based in both London and Southwest Germany, unfortunately an absolute noob regarding computers ;)

cheers, Lucky667

JoyFreak

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2020
Hello,

I am JoyFreak aka Carbon. I found this forum on XenForo. I am a webmaster and owner of a gaming forum. I decided to sign up to this community because it looks absolutely beautiful and wanted to support it by doing so! I am also an avid gamer. Great job on the design guys! Hope I get a warm welcome :).

Many thanks!

Alexis Trinquet

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2020
Gouvieux, France
Hey everybody!

I am Alexis Trinquet, an avid old hardware enthusiast, as in, I like tinkering with old computers, forgotten storage mediums and all sorts of odd/unusual/rare computer stuff, anything from the 80's to mid-2010's). And also CRTs (yes, I like CRTs, you're not hallucinating LOL)

I'm a newbie Mac OS user (unfortunately can't afford a "recent" Mac), though I do own two oldies that may interest some.

• a 1999 iMac G3/400 Lime Green "DV", affectionately nicknamed "iLime", my favorite Mac; this one will stay under OS 9.2.2
  • a heavily beaten up iMac G4 (1GHz 2003/2004?), I would love to have a eMac G4/1.42, but this'll do in a pinch instead; which I just got today (or yesterday for those who live in different time zones in which it's already morning)

Unfortunately where I live, used Intel Macs are either prohibitively expensive (I don or cheap ones tend to get snatched up very quickly. I've been on a case for a 2010 Mini but the seller flaked out at the last moment telling me that he basically got a higher offer for it and accepted :( so in the meantime I am stuck with PPC Macs, but that does not matter to me lol.

Cheers,

GoGrater

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2020
I am finally getting around to upgrading my Mac Pro 5,1 and have found lots of helpful info here. I don't know much about hardware and lot goes over my head, but I am trying to learn and do the upgrades myself. Thank you all for helping the community.

JaEnter

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2020
Redcar
Hi,
New user and already looking for some guidance please.
I have a late 2012 Imac with a broken screen, all works fine, but have an option to buy a late 2011 model. Will the screen from the 2011model fit the 2012 one? Or should I just continue looking for same year to buy and swap over. Cheers in advance

Note from the moderators: This thread is just for saying hi. You can post your question in the iMac forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

wired2wall

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2020
Los Angeles
Hey everyone,

I've been working with Macs since the G3 and I currently own the Mac Pro 2019 (7,1).

I work as the head of tech operations for 2 indie companies and just wanted to say Hi to everyone. If you ever have questions regarding issues with Mac products or software I might have a resolve for you.

I've been doing this for a long time now so I'm pretty comfortable giving out advice.

I work with FCPX, DaVinci Resolve, Media Composer, Fusion, After Effects, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, AWS, Synology Disk Stations, and I'm starting to learn Ableton Live 10.

My whole place is filled with Apple products, and although I don't always have the newest toys, I'm always looking at what's coming out.

I'm looking forward to reading about new updates (especially new technology - I'm a huge tech geek) and I'm always available to help if I can.

Lucky1974

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2020
I've just signed up have an issue with my Imac not booting up after I deleted the OS! I will find the correct forum page & post my question there.

MacRuz

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2020
Hi folks!
Mac user since 2005, music, film & photo editing as prior dos for my machines, also general computing. I've been an occasional reader and follower of Mac Rumors, great site and resource of Apple knowledge.

ninline2000

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2020
Byron, Georgia USA
Hi, just found this place when searching for a solution for a problem with an iMac I purchased. Looks like a good place to find help. I bought my first computer, a Commodore 64 in 1984 and it became an obsession. I moved later to an Amiga 500 then an Amiga 3000. At that point Commodore started to tank so in 1999 I finally gave up on new hardware for the Amiga and bought an Intel Dual Pentium 2 server and installed Linux on it. I had good luck with that but later I got into video editing and Linux had limited options for that so I picked up a Beige G3 Mac and started using that for editing. And that's how I wound up here eventually. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.