Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nfocus design

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2004
Texas
The first picture is a view of downntown Dallas from Reunion Tower. The second is Reunion Tower. At the top of Reunion Tower is an observation deck, cocktail lounge and restaurant. The cocktail lounge and restaurant have a revolving floor that makes a complete revolution every 55 minutes.

Attachments

• dallas.jpg
    dallas.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 139
  • reunion.jpg
    reunion.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 114

wrc fan

macrumors 65816
jefhatfield said:
is that near simi valley in southern cal, or a peak near oakland (bay area)? because if it was 90 degrees, that's hot for the bay area near oakland

It is in Southern CA. I no longer live in the bay area, and probably won't be moving back for a long time. I'll hopefully be moving to Boston next year. so think of me less as oaklandbum and more as displacedbum. heh.

nfocus design

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2004
Texas
This is a picture of the marina a few cities north of me that I took a few years ago with an old (about 100 years 1900-1915 model) Eastman No. 3A folding pocket camera. The second picture is the camera I took the first picture with.

Attachments

• marina.jpg
    marina.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 112
  • DCP_0442.jpg
    DCP_0442.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 154

abc123

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2004
sunny queensland :)
the view out my window was put together quickly so you'll have to excuse the poor quality, i took the photo though a flyscreen.

Attachments

• mountains.jpg
    mountains.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 120
  • view.jpg
    view.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 125
  • city.jpg
    city.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 135
  • IMGP3458.JPG
    IMGP3458.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 111

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
man, yall live in awesome places! i live in the middle of the suburbs, 30 min from what passes as our downtown and 45min from anything remotely beautiful in the countryside. i might post a pic of my house or maybe canyon lake later...

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
I'm living in Norway 2nd largest city,
and i built this when i was younger (its a 5 minutes walk from my house :))
7.jpg

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
I'd post pictures of where I live... but it's a dump.

Sure, it's a World Heritage site, but that doesn't determine the kind of scummy s**ts who live here... and the fact that I can't even get any nice sunny shots to offset the general scabbiness of the place!

abc123

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2004
armandocerna said:
How do you get up there?
thats what i was thinking along with how did he build it up there?. the only conclusion that i have come up with was that the tree has gown a lot since it was built.

criana

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2004
Connecticut
Here are some pics from around my area.

P5300962.sized.jpg

Kayaking on Lake Waramaug

P8141468.sized.jpg

Goodwin Hill in Roxbury

PA090388a.sized.jpg

Bulls Bridge

PA090422a.sized.jpg

Housatonic River

P5120009.JPG

Storm clouds and the place i live before the renovations

P2060011.JPG

Last winter - nicer gas prices

P1150057.JPG

Quiet ride into work

criana

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2004
Connecticut
I forgot to ad. Wow! The photos everyone is posting are absolutely amazing.

My "must see" before I die travel list is growing.

I'm so envious of all those who live around mountains. I love being in the mountains in northern new england.

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
I just want to thank you guys for making this thread a success, when i started it i had no idea it would take of.... its really nice to see where you all live... and i am also envious... and like the above poster my list is growing also..lake geneva is most deffo on there

PickledSquirrel

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2003
Aarhus, DK
abc123 said:
thats what i was thinking along with how did he build it up there?. the only conclusion that i have come up with was that the tree has gown a lot since it was built.
Hehe
Trees dont grow that way. Its sorta the thin bits at the top that grow longer and thicker, not the stem that "elevates" out of the ground. If you build a treehouse at 8 feet, it will stay at 8 feet.

-squirrel

abc123

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2004
PickledSquirrel said:
Hehe
Trees dont grow that way. Its sorta the thin bits at the top that grow longer and thicker, not the stem that "elevates" out of the ground. If you build a treehouse at 8 feet, it will stay at 8 feet.

-squirrel
i should know know that and i do, i'm studying biology. boy do i feel like an idiot.

this thread really makes me want to go out and see the rest of the world.

me_94501

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2003
Greetings from the East Bay!

A photo of the Oakland, CA skyline from my bedroom window:
window.jpg

A view of the Golden Gate Bridge in the distance (look closely in the center of the photo) from the UC Berkeley campus (beautiful on a clear day):
ggbridge.jpg

Sather Tower, UC Berkeley:
sathertower.jpg

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
that is one sweet tree-house! :D

nice to see that you're still using it as well.

i hope it is safe though... has anyone ever fallen trying to climb up there? :eek:

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
cb911 said:
that is one sweet tree-house! :D

nice to see that you're still using it as well.

i hope it is safe though... has anyone ever fallen trying to climb up there? :eek:

Not yet...
We are all decent climber and once you are inside you're safe.
We have ofcouse some climing acessories inside to ensure our guests comes safe up.

We had a party up there a year ago, never again
(nothing happened, but it was a bit stupid..)

Anyway, its nice place to have a date.. :D

PickledSquirrel

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2003
Aarhus, DK
Here's my little paradise. Pic taken last summer of the local wooden-boat-geek marina. -And YES! the little white sweetheart in the front is my other marriage:D

-squirrel

Attachments

• westwind.jpg
    westwind.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 119
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.