Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flamingdeathbolts

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2023
I don’t use an iPad much but my dad….when he gets home from work he sits on the couch with a beer and pretzels. Reclines back, opens his iPad onto his stomach and starts browsing online till he falls asleep 30min later.

SteveManila1960

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2019
London
I had an iPad Pro back in 2015. Really excited when I got it but then could not find a use for it. Back then (which was probably more me than the device) it just seemed so difficult to get media on or off it with no USB port. I sold it and have never thought about buying one since. Laptop and phone do all I need (not a power user).

AL2TEACH

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2007
North Las Vegas, NV.
I have over 300 hard cover books and 5 book shelves to accommodate them all and that made moving hell, lol. No more hard or soft cover books and the Nook was my cure.
I loved the Nook but lost two at airports. I was going to get a third Nook but got a 5th gen. iPad instead because the upgraded Nook was a Samsung tablet which I didn't care about buying. The iPad has been a great portable library for me and the extra programs like the Home, Ring, Plex apps and etc...made me happy to get the iPad back then.

The pros and cons of digital media, the death of indie bookstores and mom and pop stores is another topic.

Reactions: TechRunner

TechRunner

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2016
SW Florida, US
I have over 300 hard cover books and 5 book shelves to accommodate them all and that made moving hell, lol. No more hard or soft cover books and the Nook was my cure.
I loved the Nook but lost two at airports. I was going to get a third Nook but got a 5th gen. iPad instead because the upgraded Nook was a Samsung tablet which I didn't care about buying. The iPad has been a great portable library for me and the extra programs like the Home, Ring, Plex apps and etc...made me happy to get the iPad back then.

The pros and cons of digital media, the death of indie bookstores and mom and pop stores is another topic.
This is almost exactly my story. I grew tired of moving mountains of physical books and started using the Kindle app on various tablets (including my current 7th gen iPad) and never looked back.

Reactions: AL2TEACH

BigDO

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2012
Also have my entire library on my iPad, only problem is that it sucks trying to read in sunlight.

• Haha
Reactions: AL2TEACH
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.