Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Psst.... hey... anybody remember Enchanted Scepters?

And yes, Crystal Quest is awesome! I have the 68k build still sealed in the original retail box and the IIgs version on an emulator.

Personally I think we should start a thread that is made up of nothing but the name of your favorite old-school game and a screen shot.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Links

Here's a great link:

http://www.geocities.com/worldbuildergames/

All are downloadable archives! Enchanted Scepters was released by Silicon Beach Software in 1984 and is the earliest point-and-click adventure for the Macintosh (that I'm aware of).

siliconbeach_enchscept.jpg

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
'A text-graphic-sound adventure game for the Macintosh'

Oh, that's a good one. Do you have a screen shot, I've never seen it.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Re: Re: I love classic software!

Originally posted by eyelikeart

I have Stella....I love the old Atari games... :p

MacMame also works pretty well...

There's nothing better than emulating a NES and playing Crystalis for 48 hours straight :)

pnw

kiwi_the_iwik

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2001
London, UK
mmmm.... adventures.

I used to love those Mindscape point-and-click adventures - Shadowgate, Uninvited, Deja Vu and Lost in Las Vegas. Great when it's miserable outside, and you've a few hours to kill on the old Mac 512KE (You got nice sound FX when you'd smash a mirror - and with comments like "...the mirror shatters into billions of pieces - Carl Sagan would be proud of you...", you couldn't really go wrong, could you?).

I could do Planetfall (that old text adventure) in record time - it helped my typing accuracy no end...

...I couldn't really get into Zork, though. Maybe somebody here did?

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Originally posted by dukestreet
'A text-graphic-sound adventure game for the Macintosh'

Oh, that's a good one. Do you have a screen shot, I've never seen it.

Sure thing! I'll get a screen shot as soon as I retrieve the ROM from my Mac Plus so I can run my emulator on my computer. (It's out in storage.)

Woff

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2005
Castle Wolfenstein

Taft said:
I still play Castle Wolfenstein (original version), Lode Runner, Dig Dug, and a ton of other games on my IIe every once in a while. Its so much fun!

There's just something about those old games that I love.

Any of you guys into emulation?

Matthew

Please, please, please. Can someone help me locate the original Castle Wolfenstein. It was my favorite game ever and still is. I have my original computer in my attic just in case I come across one.

Mine somehow came up missing???

Thanks

Sly

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2003
Airstrip One
Wow, you must have had to dig deep deep in to the archives to find this thread?

Anyway in answer to your question: you can find it to download here:

http://mac.the-underdogs.org/

I manager to find an original boxed copy on ebay, not chep though! It runs great on my Pippin :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.