Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stardotboy

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2008
Manchester, UK
I was surprised at how readily the iPad picks up fingerprints, given the coating that is on the screen. I am not an OCD hand-washer, but do keep my hands clean when using it - and it still seems to get covered in no time.

On the other hand I have also been surprised at how invisible the fingerprints are when looking at the screen while the iPad is turned on, so it's a moot point really.

Wiping the fingerprints off with a microfibre cloth seems like harder work than on my iPhone 3G though, which is a little odd.

ArmCortexA8

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
Terra Australis
Yes the iPad has the same oloeophobic coating as the iPhone 3GS, but in theory this will eventually wear off just like any protective film would, but as for cleaning the good old cheap microfibre cloth works perfectly. Fingerprints can never be prevented 100% because it's the oil in your skin that causes this.

Harmush

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2008
Liverpool
It does get dirty. I have tucked the little iPhone cleansing cloth into the ridge in the apple case so it's always to hand and doesn't get in the way of the iPad use.
It does get dirty but it's a touch screen. It'd to be expected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.