Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spriter

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2004
I know two people who got it this year, and they absolutely love it. Especially for the price.

For me, camera is too important and I know will generally plump for whoever has the best camera alongside generally being a good phone. So Samsung it is.

But the OP3 is a great phone, they've come a long way in 2 years and are a genuine alternative. Good news for the marketplace.
Agree with this. I had one and the only, but crucial area that pushed me to sell it, was the camera.

It's decent enough but that's below what I need. When I used it for my son's sports day at school, alongside an S6, the OP3 struggled for detail and looked washed out with too many blown highlights. When you've got time to set up the shot it's better but fast-moving kids and a one-time opportunity were too much for it.

Again, aside from that, I really liked it and would (and have) recommended it with the camera in mind.

Reactions: MRU and JaySoul

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
Agree with this. I had one and the only, but crucial area that pushed me to sell it, was the camera.

It's decent enough but that's below what I need. When I used it for my son's sports day at school, alongside an S6, the OP3 struggled for detail and looked washed out with too many blown highlights. When you've got time to set up the shot it's better but fast-moving kids and a one-time opportunity were too much for it.

Again, aside from that, I really liked it and would (and have) recommended it with the camera in mind.

It's the whole "having kids" thing - so many of the lesser cameras are great in the right conditions, but basically miss kids doing their cute stuff a bit too often.

That's where Samsung and Apple have the market cornered, in my opinion.

Just got an S7 for my wife and the camera is (somehow) a real step-up from the S6!

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
It's the whole "having kids" thing - so many of the lesser cameras are great in the right conditions, but basically miss kids doing their cute stuff a bit too often.

That's where Samsung and Apple have the market cornered, in my opinion.

Just got an S7 for my wife and the camera is (somehow) a real step-up from the S6!

agree wholeheartedly! That's why I couldn't keep my Nexus 6p as a daily driver. Camera app too slow capturing a barely moving 6 month old. Now that she's almost walking, it wouldn't even come close to keeping up. My S6 and 6s (now 7+) were super quick to snap pics and turned out great 95% of the time.

frankgrimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2016
I still think it's the best performance for the buck phone outthere. If they can add a micro sd slot and a better camera next year, the big dogs will have a hardtime justifying an almost 1.000 $ pricetag.

Reactions: sunking101

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
I was about to buy one today second hand to upgrade from my S6, but like some of you guys just said, the camera on the S6 is just way better and faster. It's really hard finding another camera this good.

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
I was about to buy one today second hand to upgrade from my S6, but like some of you guys just said, the camera on the S6 is just way better and faster. It's really hard finding another camera this good.

My second hand S7 Edge is arriving today. Can't wait.

Reactions: Sensamic

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
UK mate, aren't you as well?

Ordered from OnePlus as O2 ****ed up my order :(

I'm in Ireland. But yeah Amazon UK now have oneplus as a marketplace seller now, though the prices has risen stupidly since sterling price changes.

Has it been a long time since you placed your order ?

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012

This one is still on my radar. It took me awhile to get the OnePlus X, pulled the trigger when BB had it for $200 and it being an easier return because they are right down the road. I much prefer that than dealing with mail order.

And I don't use the camera much anyway.

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
I'm in Ireland. But yeah Amazon UK now have oneplus as a marketplace seller now, though the prices has risen stupidly since sterling price changes.

Has it been a long time since you placed your order ?

No under a week, just thought it might be quicker based on previous OnePlus ordering. I have no right to complain :p

Ordered a Pixel too ;)
[doublepost=1476816717][/doublepost]@MRU could you link me please mate? :)

Reactions: MRU

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Could you link me to said announcement please mate? :)

These were the announcements earlier in the year but seems they limited it to OP2 initially, and looking at Amazon now it seems even that's not available so clearly they must have parted ways.

OP official twitter announcment
https://mobile.twitter.com/OnePlus_UK/status/737592227011039234

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/oneplus-starts-selling-phones-through-amazon-uk

http://m.androidcentral.com/oneplus-begins-selling-amazon-uk-available-soon-us

kasakka

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2008
Guess I am hopping on the OP3 train as well. I figured that it will be probably 5-6 months or more before anything better comes along and even then it might be questionable (mainly interested in S8 and possibly the rumored foldable Samsung) so I got a used OP3 to tide me over.

Reactions: Roadstar and MRU

frankgrimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2016
Guess I am hopping on the OP3 train as well. I figured that it will be probably 5-6 months or more before anything better comes along and even then it might be questionable (mainly interested in S8 and possibly the rumored foldable Samsung) so I got a used OP3 to tide me over.

Sadly the foldable Samsung phones have been delayed because the technology isn't ready for primetime. I think the S8 will and must be an absolute beast of a phone. But right now I believe you will be very happy with the OPO 3 in Austria there are now waittimes for this thing, seems to be selling really well.

Reactions: MRU

kasakka

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2008
Sadly the foldable Samsung phones have been delayed because the technology isn't ready for primetime. I think the S8 will and must be an absolute beast of a phone. But right now I believe you will be very happy with the OPO 3 in Austria there are now waittimes for this thing, seems to be selling really well.

My understanding was that the foldable phones were delayed to 2017, probably around this time next year at the earliest. Unless some new info has come out recently?

I currently have a Oneplus One and should get my OP3 tomorrow if the post office doesn't **** me over again. It's not a big upgrade but I hope it will be just that little bit easier to handle one-handed.

kasakka

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2008
For once post office delivered on time. The OP3 is indeed essentially just a little bit better than the OPO. A bit smoother, a bit easier to handle. Fingerprint reader is a nice plus and camera is probably miles better.

I'm planning on installing sultanxda's ROM soon on the OP3 as well as I miss a few options from CM13.

Reactions: Sensamic and MRU

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
I'm having a reoccurring issue with spotify on my OP3. Sometimes when I use spotify the music control doesn't show up in the notification panel. I'd anyone else getting this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.