Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iTom501

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2016
London
I placed an order, payed with a Gift Card, then picked up my stuff at the Apple store, returned them after few days and only received a partial refund. It should have been immediate since I was returning the stuff to an Apple store and receiving the refund onto a gift card, not a debit or credit card. I contacted apple today and they said that they will investigate and come back within 24hrs, still cant help but feel strange about it, anyone had problems receiving refund with a delay? especially gift cards.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I Can't speak for why Apple would Have given you a partial refund. But I have returned items with a gift card before with Apple and I was refunded immediately. But perhaps they refunded you based on the different items that you purchased and only refunded you for one or two the items? Otherwise, the refund could take a couple of days.

Last edited:

iTom501

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2016
London
I Can't speak for why Apple would given you a partial refund. But I have returned items with a gift card before with Apple and I was refunded immediately. But perhaps they refunded you based on the different items that you purchased and only refunded you for one or two the items? Otherwise, the refund could take a couple of days.

Thats why I was worried, because gift card refunds take no time to be back on the card, especially that the iPhone and two cases got refunded 24 hrs ago, It's just a stupid pair of headphones that aren't back yet but well, I'd be so much more worried if it was the iPhone that wasn't refunded. Guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow and see if it comes back

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.