Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Yes you are.

At least he's avoided using the animated smilies, they can be so annoying sometimes.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

;)

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
It's definitely getting interesting with all the random changes being made. It makes it more difficult to get bored with the design when something gets tweaked once or twice a week.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
The word "candidate" disappeared from the bottom of the page. MacRumors changed from the vBulletin candidate release to the final version sometime this evening.

MacRAND

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2003
Phoenix AZ USA
arn - excellent icon & button improvements, thanks

The old icons were well... :rolleyes: colorless.
Now, they are COLORED :eek: and
CUTE :)
I like :D
Thank you :cool: arn
Another excellent & meaningful improvement. :p

Will the Lightbulb and Yield Sign every turn YELLOW? :)

KC9AIC

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2004
Tokyo, Japan or Longview, Texas
When I noticed that things started looking different, I checked down at the bottom and noticed that it's vBulletin Version 3.0.0, and not just a release candidate (beta version). So it's finalized and changed.

kettle

macrumors 65816
Are all version 3 vBulletin forums as crazy when you register to post comments, notanotherforum.com is strange, It's been a while since I've been through such an unusually rewarding process. Surely this can't be standard with all vBulletin sign ups?

Quite a few familiar people on there too. :)
Just the job when you feel the need to be way off topic :D

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Things are really strange on my side of the fence...Safari in its typical cache-a-holic behaviour has cached some, but not all of the smilies, resulting in some seriously ugly looks. *Shudders*

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
MacRumors had colors smilies in 2000-2001, but got rid of them for the technical yellow smilies for three years.

Feedback on icons: Mediocre to above average icons
Feedback on newly-updated smilies: Most look stupid and fugly!
new_shocked.gif
icon_twisted.gif
new_snipersmilie.gif

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
Odd, I'm not seeing any of the changes except for the version change at the bottom of the forums.

No new smilies for me, and the quote button is still different.

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
i personally don't like the new smilies. but it's okay, because i hardly ever use them!

if i could wish upon a smilie: i want :squint: its SO awesome!

EDIT: 300 POSTS!

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
what does the green/gray circle next to the "report the post" icon (the one with "!" mark) mean? online/offline?

MacRAND

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2003
Phoenix AZ USA
Place your cursor on the object to find out what it is - without clicking

jxyama said:
what does the green/gray circle next to the "report the post" icon (the one with "!" mark) mean? online/offline?
You do realize that these icons will tell you what they are if you simply "place" your cursor over them (without clicking), and the green/grey ball will tell you whether some one is offline/online. Try it on lots of the icons and buttons on the page.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.