Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XtoEvolution

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2015
What does everyone think of this crowdfunded stand for the Apple Watch?

The MiTagg NuDock Power Station Lamp is hands down the best looking of the docks, in my opinion, especially since you can get it in space gray. It is a little pricey, but it is an all in one solution. Still debating on whether I want to back it or not.

MiTagg NuDock Power Station Lamp

20150327013735-Nudock1__1___1_.jpg

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I've seen this posted a lot. Personally, I think it all looks a bit disjointed and cluttered, and you'd have to have fairly specific decor for this to match. I'm not a fan, but each to their own.

Personally, I love the look of the Nomad stand, though I'm waiting for stands to become available in the UK before I buy any.

jimcolyer

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2015
Totally agree. Bought the nomad yesterday, so let's see how long it takes to get here to the UK :)

XtoEvolution

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2015
That is a really good point. It does require a pretty specific decor. I think the battery back up thing is a bit gimmicky. Who wants to carry a big block around like that in their pockets. Most people have easy access to a wall charger or car charger nowadays.

TasheRAWR

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2015
London, United Kingdom
Got an update from MiTagg today saying that the Express and International deliveries will start shipping out via DHL and the product will arrive within 4-7 days. I hope this isn't another update that's a total lie again. I really don't want this to be a scam but I suppose if it is it's too late for me to do anything now >_<

lirn8

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2013
israel
Got an update from MiTagg today saying that the Express and International deliveries will start shipping out via DHL and the product will arrive within 4-7 days. I hope this isn't another update that's a total lie again. I really don't want this to be a scam but I suppose if it is it's too late for me to do anything now >_<

Me 2
Where are you from?

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Apart from the update, i got another email to confirm my address again. They said if I can give them the confirmation of the address before 18 Oct, they will arrange the shipment from Shenzhen factory, which is just few hours away from my place (I am in Hong Kong). Hopefully they will do a bit more than just manage, but actual ship the product :D

Last edited:

TasheRAWR

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2015
London, United Kingdom
Me 2
Where are you from?

I'm from the UK so it will probably take long for me to get it as I bet it will get stuck at customs if they do ever dispatch the product.

Apart from the update, i got another email to confirm my address again. They said if I can give them the confirmation of the address before 18 Oct, they will arrange the shipment from Shenzhen factory (which is just few hours away from my place (I am in Hong Kong). Hopefully they will do a bit more than just manage, but actual ship the product :D

If they do ship it let us know :D

Reactions: lirn8

TasheRAWR

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2015
London, United Kingdom
So it would seem that backers are finally starting to receive their purchases as people have uploaded pictures on Instagram and Twitter. It seems that it's only US backers at the moment which is slightly annoying considering their last update. However at least it seems that it wasn't a scam :) I just want the product already! It's got to the stage where I'm not as excited anymore as there's so many other stands out now I wished I just got one of those instead of having to wait so long.

Reactions: lirn8 and jaymc

lirn8

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2013
israel
So it would seem that backers are finally starting to receive their purchases as people have uploaded pictures on Instagram and Twitter. It seems that it's only US backers at the moment which is slightly annoying considering their last update. However at least it seems that it wasn't a scam :) I just want the product already! It's got to the stage where I'm not as excited anymore as there's so many other stands out now I wished I just got one of those instead of having to wait so long.

Same here... All the hype is gone

GizmoDVD

macrumors 68030
Oct 11, 2008
SoCal
I would never support this ****** company or Indiegogo again.

They lied to backers about delays, asked for $20 extra for express shipping that never happened (no mention of a refund - I'll fight with my CC regardless) and the actual product is riddled with issues. They even sold items meant for backers to others because they paid more. They have no FL office. Read through the comments and you would see this company is a giant mess.

Yes, I have one. Not worth the wait or the $150. Maybe $60.

Reactions: jaymc

mimi9000

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2016
Mitagg Nudock on indiegogo is a scam.

Oliver Evans owns the Nudock campaign scam on indiegogo. which he took $780,000+ from almost 6800 backers one year ago. during last 11 months he posted 38 updates gave all kinds reasons to not shipping the perks to the backers. instead he is selling them on amazon,touch of modern since last July...read 3200+ comments here:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/nudock-apple-watch-iphone-power-station-lamp/x/10524400#/comments

search Oliver Evans on ripoffreport shows he’s been doing this for years: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/specific_search/oliver evans

if you want to know more about Oliver, we have a Facebook group: victims of indiegogo/Nudock
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1563639927296487/
https://www.facebook.com/kiwanoonline/?sk=info/&app_data

TasheRAWR

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2015
London, United Kingdom
Mitagg Nudock on indiegogo is a scam.

Oliver Evans owns the Nudock campaign scam on indiegogo. which he took $780,000+ from almost 6800 backers one year ago. during last 11 months he posted 38 updates gave all kinds reasons to not shipping the perks to the backers. instead he is selling them on amazon,touch of modern since last July...read 3200+ comments here:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/nudock-apple-watch-iphone-power-station-lamp/x/10524400#/comments

search Oliver Evans on ripoffreport shows he’s been doing this for years: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/specific_search/oliver evans

if you want to know more about Oliver, we have a Facebook group: victims of indiegogo/Nudock
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1563639927296487/

Sadly found that out the hard way after recently getting another email saying my dock is made but they won't ship it unless I pay another $60. I've just had to accept that I've lost money.

mimi9000

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2016
Sadly found that out the hard way after recently getting another email saying my dock is made but they won't ship it unless I pay another $60. I've just had to accept that I've lost money.
don't give up yet. People are getting him refund the money. In the Facebook group, we have a least 4 people got money back. 1 received the docks. Just need to use some strategy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.