Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nroz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
Got this today when logging in to Optimum for iPad. The image says "It appears that this device is running an unauthorized modified version of Apple OS. Pls install latest OS update to use this app". This is much like the TWCable app a few months back detecting JB. That thread suggested reverting to old version, but I remember this app won't allow me to login unless I upgrade to version 2.0. Now there is 2.0.7 waiting in the AppStore.

LmELL.jpg

Any workarounds?

norV

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2011
Got this today when logging in to Optimum for iPad. The image says "It appears that this device is running an unauthorized modified version of Apple OS. Pls install latest OS update to use this app". This is much like the TWCable app a few months back detecting JB. That thread suggested reverting to old version, but I remember this app won't allow me to login unless I upgrade to version 2.0. Now there is 2.0.7 waiting in the AppStore.

Any workarounds?

same here >< ughhh this sucks. It appears after you input your login info and try to login

Last edited:

nroz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
I was using the same app before this up to last week without problems, and only today did the message appear after trying to log in. Maybe it's server side. Maybe there was a dormant code with the last update I got a few months back.

norV

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2011
the TWC app had the same check, i was reading the posts and someone made a fix for it with the install of a deb file, and i think there was an IPA that included the fix already. So hopefully someone will make one soon for optimum as well :eek:

Dragonsoul4826

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2011
Same issue here need a fix

Just opened my app that was working fine last night and I got that stupid message. Please some one help with a fix screw cablevision. This is total bull.:mad:

Cancelled
Jul 7, 2010
same here. Was working Monday night, and then yesterday was NOT. I know i didn't update the app overnight! But I'm also reading the reviews from the App store about the latest update is causing widespread issues with crashing, so maybe they will fix it and remove this dopey JB check.

spenillo

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2011
Found Fix!

I verified this worked on my iPhone have not tried on my iPad yet.

Install iFile. (in cydia)
Then open up iFile, goto this path location:
/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist

Edit the SystemVersion.plist using iFile. Change Product Build Version to "8L1" and the Product Version to "4.3.5" (no quotes) as seen below.

<key>ProductBuildVersion</key>
<string>8L1</string>
<key>ProductVersion</key>
<string>4.3.5</string>

Save and reboot phone!

Will try on iPad tonight! iPhone seems to be working fine! I could log into the Optimum app with no more error message about unauthorized iOS warning.
I am currently running Jailbroken iOS 4.3.3

Sorry guys thought I had a fix :-(

Maybe someone smarter then me will fix!

Last edited:

greenbeard

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2011
Not a Fix for 4.3.3

hey Spenillo, i tried your fix, but keep getting the same result. i have a ip4 running 4.3.3 jb with jailbreakme. there must be something else the server is looking for. let me know if i can help. i really need a fix for this as my cablebox is in another room.

nickrinaldi

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2009
I tried the above method with my phone but I still get the same error when logging in the optimum app. But my current os is 4.2.1 so maybe I need to put something different In the file for my os?

spenillo

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2011
I guess my fix didn't work. Sorry...Tried to log into Optimum app and got that annoying message again... Someone will find a fix for it!

I hope!

greenbeard

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2011
Don't give up!!

Dont give up Spenillo, theres gotta be something else that the server is looking for, like writing unsigned code or something. I've tried changing udids, rebooting, hard resetting, nothing. Do you have a packet sniffer? Does it still work on your iPhone?

greenbeard

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2011
I don't care about the live tv either, I use it as my only remote control. Now I'm going to have to get a new cable box because my IR receiver is broken.

greenbeard

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2011
Does anyone know who restored functionality to the TWC app? Maybe they could easily do the same to the Optimum app?

Dragonsoul4826

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2011
Worked for me :)

Thank you so much

The Deb worked for me.

I installed it with Ifile and the Rebooted the phone.

I will try it later on my Ipad to see if it works.

Again thank you

nickrinaldi

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2009
i did it again and rebooted phone instead of resprung but it still gives me the error when trying to log in. maybe its cause i'm on firmware 4.2.1 ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.