Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattinyc

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2019
I spoke to an apple rep she said it's canceled and its some sort of glitch that's happening to people today. I wasn't the first one to call in. She said it would be about 15 min to get a supervisor on the line.. that was an hour and a half ago! The call length is at 1:57 mins and counting. Each min that goes by I get more pissed!

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Welp this just happened to my sister -__-

She's had Verizon the last 2 years and order was just cancelled for the same reasons above.

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
Welp this just happened to my sister -__-

She's had Verizon the last 2 years and order was just cancelled for the same reasons above.

Now I’m freaking out. My order is preparing for shipment but I have a feeling my order will be canceled soon for the same reason

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Now I’m freaking out. My order is preparing for shipment but I have a feeling my order will be canceled soon for the same reason
It was preparing to ship as well. Mine is ATT via upgrade program.
She did hers with Verizon upgrade program. She told me she got a ATT email yesterday as well. I told her to call Apple. I don't trust chat.

Luckily my sister doesnt care when she gets it, but if it was me, Id be pissed.

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
For the iPhone X I ordered with ATT and vowed to never order with a carrier again. I preordered the minute they went on presale and at some point they cancelled my order. I called, they said it was a mistake and whatever, but would not keep my place in line (they first assured me I WOULD keep my place in line...meaning same delivery date). I was one of the very first to order. I was told different things and eventually NEVER got a phone from them. Even on launch day they wouldn't/couldn't do anything. They didn't even admit to ***** up. Never again. I will only order from Apple going forward.

Reactions: SquidRuby

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
For the iPhone X I ordered with ATT and vowed to never order with a carrier again. I preordered the minute they went on presale and at some point they cancelled my order. I called, they said it was a mistake and whatever, but would not keep my place in line (they first assured me I WOULD keep my place in line...meaning same delivery date). I was one of the very first to order. I was told different things and eventually NEVER got a phone from them. Even on launch day they wouldn't/couldn't do anything. They didn't even admit to ***** up. Never again. I will only order from Apple going forward.
All of us here ordered through Apple.

mattinyc

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2019
Finally spoke to a human after 2 hours and she said SORRY.. THATS it reorder the phone sucker or come into the store and get one IF they have stock. I'm done with apple. When my wife's phone comes I'm returning it.

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
Holy crap, this is terrifying. You guys ordered through iUP? Or through Verizon’s upgrade program?

I ordered through the Verizon upgrade program. Mine is still showing “preparing for shipment”. I really hope it doesn’t happen to me

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
I ordered through the Verizon upgrade program. Mine is still showing “preparing for shipment”. I really hope it doesn’t happen to me
I hope it doesn’t happen to you either. I ordered with Apple iUP but selected Verizon as carrier. I hope it doesn’t happen to any of us. Ugh!

mattinyc

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2019
I hope it doesn’t happen to you either. I ordered with Apple iUP but selected Verizon as carrier. I hope it doesn’t happen to any of us. Ugh!
I ordered via the Apple upgrade program. Like I did last year and the year before...

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Finally spoke to a human after 2 hours and she said SORRY.. THATS it reorder the phone sucker or come into the store and get one IF they have stock. I'm done with apple. When my wife's phone comes I'm returning it.

Um, a bit of an overreaction just because you won't get it on launch day, don't you think?

Reactions: willmtaylor

smug

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2010

Pretty sure mine was Preparing to Ship. I ordered through Apple IUP.

mattinyc

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2019
Um, a bit of an overreaction just because you won't get it on launch day, don't you think?
Not because I won’t get it on launch day. It’s because their systems screwed up, they canceled my order, made me hold for 2 hours when I was told it would be 15 mins, then told me they can’t do a single thing for me. Basically like they could careless about what they did or my time spent reordering, pushing my upgrade eligibility back a month, pinging my credit again, or the fact that I had just spent $3500 with their company I was treated I didn’t matter at all. Not even hey let’s get this resolved for you, we will have someone in touch from the “keep customers happy team” to resolve this. A trillion dollar company has the ability to do this let’s be honest but they don’t. It’s people like me who upgrade every year, own macs, iPad, air pods, beats, Apple TVs etc. who keep them still growing and this is how you treat me? #evilcorp

Reactions: macbookguy

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2008
Matt

You might want to contact Executive Relations at Apple or sent Tim Cook an e-mail.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Not because I won’t get it on launch day. It’s because their systems screwed up, they canceled my order, made me hold for 2 hours when I was told it would be 15 mins, then told me they can’t do a single thing for me. Basically like they could careless about what they did or my time spent reordering, pushing my upgrade eligibility back a month, pinging my credit again, or the fact that I had just spent $3500 with their company I was treated I didn’t matter at all. Not even hey let’s get this resolved for you, we will have someone in touch from the “keep customers happy team” to resolve this. A trillion dollar company has the ability to do this let’s be honest but they don’t. It’s people like me who upgrade every year, own macs, iPad, air pods, beats, Apple TVs etc. who keep them still growing and this is how you treat me? #evilcorp
I'm sorry to hear that terrible experience and surprised they didn't offer anything for that time taken. I definitely wold have showed some frustrations in a polite way and maybe they could at least as for their gesture to over some sort of compensation?

smug

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2010
It shouldn’t matter how much money you spent. Even just an attempt at rectifying their screw-up or an offer of minor compensation would be a far more ideal customer service experience than a shoulder shrug.

Apple spent more time giving me bad news and ******** excuses than actually trying to assist with a problem that I didn’t cause.

I played their IUP game when they emailed me to get pre-approved so I that I can get my order placed as quickly as possible when the pre-order went live on 9.13, which I did.

Then they cancel my order. And they didn’t even communicate this status change or offer the opportunity to resolve whatever problem with them.

So **** Apple on this.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010

We aren't talking about hundreds or thousands of orders. In a 24 hour period, Apple gets MILLIONS of orders. Loans from banks, from Apple, from carriers, multiple carriers, getting the payment squared, processing, preparing for shipment from thousands of miles away in China, to multiple sites pre-delivered in the US...with all that, some people will get screwed. All of us have a launching or two that got messed up. Despite all that, I think they do pretty good, considering the volume, of unscrewed up orders that go out on time with no issues. And with millions of orders, goes millions of support calls. I won't even get into how bad customer service is getting hammered.

mattinyc

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2019
I'm sorry to hear that terrible experience and surprised they didn't offer anything for that time taken. I definitely wold have showed some frustrations in a polite way and maybe they could at least as for their gesture to over some sort of compensation?
I was very nice to the person I spoke to I knew it wasn’t HER fault I’m not ignorant of that but they had not policy whatsoever to make people happy and figure their errors out. It was to put it simply, sorry try reordering or going into the store every day to check the stock. What??

Last edited by a moderator:

minimo3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2010
It’s a sign telling you that you don’t need a new phone. Spend the money on something more fulfilling!

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
I just heckled my ATT app to see if there were any Changes in my order and sure enough, canceled. Know explanation but they were cute enough to include “snap, some or all of your order has been cancelled”. Been with ATT since it was Cingular and bought tons of phones and services. They sure as hell can verify my account.

cforster

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Missouri USA
Is it possible to order a phone via Apple’s iPhone upgrade program and when it ask you to verify the carrier you have service with, input a line number that has an existing device payment plan (with verizon) on it?

I did this and the order placed ok, but I did get an e-mail today saying apple is having issues activating the phone and to call them. I called and they can’t find anything wrong in their system and say the phone will ship just fine.

I hope they are right. I just used that number to verify I have an account with verizon to place the order. I’m not activating the phone on that line, but using it on my work line which is also on verizon.

Anyone ever heard of this? (Possible to use both Apple’s iPhone Upgrade Program & Verizon’s Device payment program?)

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
Something like this happens every year. It does not mean they are evil. A little smug some times...

If you really want to twist Apple's arm, you have to be a corporation with a dedicated Apple sales rep. Then you get some very interesting services, not to mention a lot of attention.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.