Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Gotta love AT&T...they canceled my iPhone 11 Pro order. They emailed me and said they could not verify my identity....not sure why? I have been a customer for 3 plus years.....they already charged me $91 for taves on the phone purchase price. So they seemed to know who I was then lol.

Ordered 3 minutes after pre-orders opened.
Got charged right away...
got the order confirmation email...
Chatted with a rep online Friday afternoon to make sure all looked good...just in case....
rep said all looked good.....
Got an email today that my order was canceled.

madKIR

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2010
NYC
Gotta love AT&T...they canceled my iPhone 11 Pro order. They emailed me and said they could not verify my identity....not sure why? I have been a customer for 3 plus years.....they already charged me $91 for taves on the phone purchase price. So they seemed to know who I was then lol.

Chatted with a rep online Friday afternoon to make sure all looked good...just in case....
I feel like it’s not even new especially for AT&T. It’s happened before. I think it’s related to the fact they can’t adequately assess their stock and have to eventually cancel many orders.

Reactions: jamezr

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA

That exactly what happened to me with them for the X preorders! I vowed to never order through them again. None of them cared. I even went into two different stores to get help. They didn't care. "Sorry it's cancelled. We can order it again for you, but you won't keep your delivery date. Sorry."

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
I feel like it’s not even new especially for AT&T. It’s happened before. I think it’s related to the fact they can’t adequately assess their stock and have to eventually cancel many orders.

Are you saying, they cancel orders with excuses to cover higher priority orders or Apple Store stock on launch day? Do you think it's a lottery or do you think they rifle through order data and cancel anything that looks anomalous - looking for a reason to cancel?

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2008
Are you saying, they cancel orders with excuses to cover higher priority orders or Apple Store stock on launch day? Do you think it's a lottery or do you think they rifle through order data and cancel anything that looks anomalous - looking for a reason to cancel?

I am concerned about the negativity and propensity to assume malevolent intent on this tread. I assume you are also questioning this?

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
That exactly what happened to me with them for the X preorders! I vowed to never order through them again. None of them cared. I even went into two different stores to get help. They didn't care. "Sorry it's cancelled. We can order it again for you, but you won't keep your delivery date. Sorry."
yeah....they don't care. I chatted with a online rep about it. They were polite and sorry about it. Bit I would have to place another order and it would most likely be Oct delivery now.
So lucky for me...i already ordered from Verizon as well. I have accounts with AT&T and Verizon...long story with family members and paying for my 84 year old mom's accounts. I will just switch them all over to Verizon.

SquidRuby

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2016
I would be fuming. However please remember the individual you speak to isn’t the one who messed it up. I work for a carrier and you would not believe the abuse I have copped after something in our system, out of my control has gone awry

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.