Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

jjhny

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2005
Speed and lack of bugs is what interests me.

Speed mostly - as there are always bugs. I need a fast machine, one that runs heavy duty apps. Does it seem any faster on your hardware? (no, I did not say anything about 'snappiness')

Also-what about iCal notifications, have they given more time delay options for when to be reminded? (it's just plain insulting if that one isn't fixed).

FSUSem1noles

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Can you still change the dock to 3D :D

thanks

Dock still has magnification, the size and location can be edited. No option for 3D. The 2D dock really isn't that bad though.

----------

Speed and lack of bugs is what interests me.

Speed mostly - as there are always bugs. I need a fast machine, one that runs heavy duty apps. Does it seem any faster on your hardware? (no, I did not say anything about 'snappiness')

Also-what about iCal notifications, have they given more time delay options for when to be reminded? (it's just plain insulting if that one isn't fixed).

I'm using a 2013 Air and I don't notice any drop off in speed over Mavericks. For a beta 1 release it is very stable! I'm impressed and pleased!

Intelligent

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Is the dark theme only for the Menu bar or for the whole system? Craig only showed the menu bar during the wwdc keynote.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Going Full Screen with multiple displays now goes back to Mountain type full screens.

Full screen on 1 screen, empty darkness on the others.

FSUSem1noles

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Might be wrong but I think the build they demoed had an iOS 7 sound at one point during the keynote.

I haven't come across it as a default system sound. It may be in the sounds and you can assign it, I'll check it out.

----------

I can do that in Safari 7.0.4 in Mavericks, though.

Yeah, but it works better for me. Doing it in Mavericks for me was spotty. I've tested it 10 times on various websites and it's worked every time!

-Ray-

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2011
Pennsylvania
Not sure if this is new, but you can drag directly to the recycling bin from the applications quick pane without having to go into finder. It deletes.

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
Not sure if this is new, but you can drag directly to the recycling bin from the applications quick pane without having to go into finder. It deletes.

Just tested this on Mavericks. It also deletes if you drag an app/file to the Trash icon, so no changes in that aspect.

So.... will Apple play fair & list the things they have REMOVED from the OS once Yosemite is available for public consumption?
They are big on telling you in breathless tones about what they've added with each new deployment but they really need to start including a list of what they have removed.
Features like 'open in new window' and coloured folder/file labels vanished in Mavericks without a word from Apple.
Users were left to discover the loss of these long-standing features by themselves.
As a long-term business user all this mention of "...seamless integration between Mac and iOS devices." sends shivers down my spine. It reeks of still more dumbing-down of the desktop OS to bring it in line with the iOS.
So c'mon Apple, let users make a fair choice about upgrading by telling them not just what you're adding but what you're taking away.

FSUSem1noles

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
That's from Mavericks. They brought it over to iOS too, though.

Was it there when you clicked on the battery icon? because I don't remember seeing it unless I never had any apps that were using significant energy so it didn't show anything? Because now it shows all the time, if there's no app using a lot it says, "no apps using significant energy".

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Was it there when you clicked on the battery icon? because I don't remember seeing it unless I never had any apps that were using significant energy so it didn't show anything? Because now it shows all the time, if there's no app using a lot it says, "no apps using significant energy".

Exactly the same as Mavericks.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom

Yep, been like that since 10.9.

Going Full Screen with multiple displays now goes back to Mountain type full screens.

Oh gosh, I really hope that's just a bug or hasn't been implemented properly yet. Massive step backwards if true :(

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009

Wow that's bad. I sure hope it doesn't stay that way, otherwise they are idiots!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.