Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
No one seems to have yet mentioned that they added a +- button to the Privacy panel of Security and Privacy prefs, so you can now easily rescind a decision to allow an App to control your computer. I had scripts going back to Mountain Lion stuck in there.

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
Old Style iTunes Get Info window can be had by holding down the Option Key while right-clicking on a selection to bring up the contextual menu-> Get Info. (Cmd-Opt I does not work)

Intuitive as all get-out (I jest), but at least all my old comments are still there, and I get a real edit box to make more.

Incidentally, this'll also bring up the old style Artwork pane, which some people have been pining for.

See this Apple Support Discussion: iTunes 12 Multi-Line Text in Comments Field

Last edited:

Bluemeanie1976

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
What is with the weird looking volume and Brightness opaque window bits? The top and bottom are split.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-04 at 16.26.33.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-11-04 at 16.26.33.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 3,815
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-04 at 16.26.55.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-11-04 at 16.26.55.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 3,825

fluffy

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2003
Hold down the key you want to accent and an iOS like pop-up will give you accent choices.

That's slower, doesn't allow for muscle memory, and also means I can't use key repeat. I like key repeat and always disable the hold-press thing on OSX.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Old Style iTunes Get Info window can be had by holding down the Option Key while right-clicking on a selection to bring up the contextual menu-> Get Info. (Cmd-Opt I does not work)

Intuitive as all get-out (I jest), but at least all my old comments are still there, and I get a real edit box to make more.

Incidentally, this'll also bring up the old style Artwork pane, which some people have been pining for.
That's a great catch! Wonder why opt-cmd-I doesn't work though?

For the rest of you: This is NOT the Yosemite BUGS thread.

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Suddenly the App Store looks like this. For a minute I got a new style home page as well, but it has reverted back to the old look.

Edit: The new home page reappeared.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 06.55.08.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 06.55.08.png
    503.6 KB · Views: 226
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 06.57.55.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 06.57.55.png
    252.4 KB · Views: 216
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 07.18.36.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 07.18.36.png
    907.1 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
For me the home page keeps switching between new and old designs. :p

Kinda weird that OS X Yosemite Beta 4 is still there.

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
When you try and use an apple remote with low battery, the entire screen will blur and it'll show a diagram for how to replace the batteries...it might actually be a bug, and supposed to be like the volume HUD (look at the rounded corners of the screen), but here it is anyways.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 11.37.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 11.37.14 PM.png
    768.2 KB · Views: 306

Keyhan

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2014
readability of a word like milliliter at a small points size in "Helvetica Neue" can be tough, because of the letterforms themselves. There's just not enough of a distinction between the i, I, l, L, letterforms.

But I like the new mouse cursor features in Switch Control in Accessibility, and new AirDrop features:
As you know AirDrop now works with iOS and when I used AirDrop to send a file between my Mac and iPad (that have the same Apple ID) the file is automatically downloaded on the receiving device.
Moreover, in Calendar app and Notification Center I like the new day view; Calendar and Contacts apps automatically detects phone numbers. I click a phone number, and it will be dialed using my iPhone.
FaceTime now has call waiting, and my call history is synced to all my devices and in Finder now I can batch rename.

SmOgER

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
readability of a word like milliliter at a small points size in "Helvetica Neue" can be tough, because of the letterforms themselves. There's just not enough of a distinction between the i, I, l, L, letterforms.

But I like the new mouse cursor features in Switch Control in Accessibility, and new AirDrop features:
As you know AirDrop now works with iOS and when I used AirDrop to send a file between my Mac and iPad (that have the same Apple ID) the file is automatically downloaded on the receiving device.
Moreover, in Calendar app and Notification Center I like the new day view; Calendar and Contacts apps automatically detects phone numbers. I click a phone number, and it will be dialed using my iPhone.
FaceTime now has call waiting, and my call history is synced to all my devices and in Finder now I can batch rename.

Well readability would be a million times better if they simply made the fonts bigger in the new MAS.

is :apple: trying to synthetically push the sales of retina devices? Funny enough retina scaling itself (software, not the magical screen) makes these fonts bigger than on devices like MBA.

PS. The first sentence was formatted exclusively for non-retina displays, just like Apple wants. If this continues this won't take long till someone develops 'retina' for non-retina devices lol.

Last edited:

freliz

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2014
Cannot open New Folder on Desktop

Ever since I upgraded to Yosemite I can no longer create New Folders on my Desktop and cannot move Folders from an existing folder to the Desktop, I tried doing most of the usual procedures but no result.

azpc

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2011
Previously the Green Zoom Button maximized for content which led to very inconsistent results. Double clicking the title bar again maximizes for content with all the same inconsistent results. (Same for option click)

This is why Apple needs to provide some options in System Preferences.

My clients would love to have the ability to define the default behavior of the Green Zoom button.

I would like to see the following options in System Preferences:

- Maximize for content (Traditional Setting)
- Full Window (Window occupies everything but dock and menu bar)
- Full Screen (The new default setting in Yosemite)

If you agree please Contact Tim Cook and Craig Federighi on Twitter (They are very easy to find)

Also send a feature request to Apple at:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

GlenK

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
Since installing Yosemite my 2011 MBP has run like a new machine. I love the OS but there is one little thing that is weird. It concerns this forum

When I click on the front page of MacRumors I get a blank window. Nothing but blank white window in Safari. What could possibly be causing this?

In order to read the front page threads I have to click on Forums then click MacRumors.com News Discussion.

Any ideas??

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Jun 8, 2007

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I hate this smaller font without subpixel antialiasing :mad:

YouTube: video

Than you, this made my day!

----------

Many of you may remember that in Mavericks even if you set Pages '09 as the default for ".pages" apps, they would open in Pages 5 if installed. In Yosemite, it appears that you can set defaults to older apps. I set all my ".pages" apps to open in Pages '09 and quit all apps. No matter which Pages file I opened, they all oped in Pages '09 and not Pages 5.

Thought this was a interesting feature that may not be known.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
holy cow.... 10.10.1 is soo dam buggy, or maybe its just the new iTunes when rendering :

Black artifacts everywhere when iTunes is rendering/updating cache.

-in addition, i dunno weather its probably remote connection, (probably is), but everything is soo slow over Wi-Fi, when u open a finder window, the top strip where the buttons bar is missing, then appears after the window is on screen..

Never had this in Mavericks over Wi-fi..

- Oh ya,,Apple has removed "Software Update" from Apple menu.. :p Now how i supposed to check for updates without opening the App Store.

Is this how Apple is ? You start an OS full of bugs, and betime u get up to .7-.8 release, its solid as a rock..

then when the next OS comes out at .0 its becomes buggy again... I can't help but feel this is the way.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-01 at 5.20.56 am.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-01 at 5.20.56 am.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 221
  • Screen Shot 2014-12-01 at 5.21.50 am.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-01 at 5.21.50 am.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.