Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

subaiku

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2013
Ive a 2009 macbook pro which I "upgraded" from 10.6.8 to Yosemite. The machine is now as fast as frozen Treacle so I want to downgrade it to Mavericks 10.9.5 but cant find an installer as Apple isnt offering it now!

Any suggestions of trusted places to get it?

Having read through this thread I dont see a link to anything?

Thanks!

Hi, I'm in the same position. Got a mid 2009 Macbook Pro, have always been on OSX 10.7.5. And now that I want to upgrade to OSX 10.9.5 I find that it's almost impossible to get a copy. Can't get it through the App store because I've never downloaded it. I've been able to downloaded a few versions of the installer by trawling through the internet the last few days but they're all in dmg or iso format and I can't figure how to make them into a bootable USB drive.

I tested out the installers but I always get a 'Could not find instalation information for this machine' error. If anybody knows how to make the installers work I'd very much appreciate it!.

MacUser2525

Suspended
Mar 17, 2007
Canada
Hi, I'm in the same position. Got a mid 2009 Macbook Pro, have always been on OSX 10.7.5. And now that I want to upgrade to OSX 10.9.5 I find that it's almost impossible to get a copy. Can't get it through the App store because I've never downloaded it. I've been able to downloaded a few versions of the installer by trawling through the internet the last few days but they're all in dmg or iso format and I can't figure how to make them into a bootable USB drive.

I tested out the installers but I always get a 'Could not find instalation information for this machine' error. If anybody knows how to make the installers work I'd very much appreciate it!.

Go to Amazon spend the ~$15 bucks I think it was when I looked just yesterday and get real install USB stick.

Reactions: CoastalOR

angelo1

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2015
Italy

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/ap...ate-a-bootable-usb-to-install-os-x-mavericks/

Reactions: Isamilis

subaiku

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2013
Reactions: grahamperrin

angelo1

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2015
Italy
Ah! Thanks! Didn't know this was available, hopefully I can find one that ships to my country.
[doublepost=1480062609][/doublepost]

Thanks but this doesn't work for anybody who is unable to download a copy of the installer.
but you told you had downloaded a copy, or am I wrong??
[doublepost=1480075386][/doublepost]you will receive an official copy?

AAwArchie

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2017
Hotland
How did you upgrade to Mavericks, if it is not in your Purchases tab?

Maybe you removed it at some point, to make that list shorter ? You can go to your App Store, then go into your store account. On the line "Hidden Items", click the "manage" button. You may find Mavericks there, and you can "unhide" it, so it will appear in the list under your Purchased tab.

Oh my god you are a saviour! I know this post is so old but you helped me get mavericks for my old MacBook!

Apparently I hid it like an idiot...

Reactions: Reid Fleishman

Reid Fleishman

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2017
How did you upgrade to Mavericks, if it is not in your Purchases tab?

Maybe you removed it at some point, to make that list shorter ? You can go to your App Store, then go into your store account. On the line "Hidden Items", click the "manage" button. You may find Mavericks there, and you can "unhide" it, so it will appear in the list under your Purchased tab.

Or, if you did not actually purchase Mavericks from the App Store, maybe you got the Mavericks installer through some other method, like a torrent download. That's also an option for you, although I won't offer any help with getting Mavericks that way.
Or, you kept a legitimate download of the Mavericks installer, on a bootable flash drive (which is a good method, I think), so you don't need to download through the App Store again.

Unhiding Mavericks form the App Store worked for me. Thanks so much!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.