Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oopsroger

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2013
finally worked

After failing numerous times, I tried this: I kept an eye on the downloading speed. Whenever the estimated time of finish started to skyrocket, I manually pause download and restart moments later. I didn't set DNS or use a VPN.

jMunar

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
After getting the error code so many times at launch, I just waited until this morning and it finally downloaded and installed in 20 mins all together. Probably the west coast servers were so saturated it was giving all the west coast people problems.

So far Yosemite is great! love dark mode.

theloon

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2007
Dullest of dull threads

Yeah .... lets all talk about how 'foo' does not download from 'bar' for the first 24 hours of releasing new shiny 'insert desired metasyntactic variable'

bkinn

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2014
I read online about this issue to plug into Ethernet. I tried that and it worked perfectly on the 1st try.

SilverGhost

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2014
I thought my download attempts had failed too. What I didn't realize was that after my first click on the redemption code it was actually downloading to Launchpad. Launchpad did not open on top.

For those that are having problems, check Launchpad and see if something is there. The installation gets launched from Launchpad.

Yup, that was it. It was sitting, paused, in Launchpad.
THANKS (I Think)

janitor3

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Downloaded it as soon as became available last week. Downloaded right away, no problems. Installed it on a partition on my macbook pro,so far no serious problems have arisen.

p.s.- Received an e-mail this morning from Apple inviting me to try out Yosemite Beta. :)

TriforceofTime

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2012
My Internet is pretty bad, because of poor coverage of Verizon's internet in my area. (I am in the US) And so the download took around 26~ hours. Or at least it would have. One hour before it was finished, the download failed, and all that over 4GB of downloaded data was gone when I tried again. The same thing happened this morning.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
My ISP doesn't care because they don't have to keep me happy. Just my HOA. They have a contract to be the only ISP for my community.

Gather your neighbors who agree with you and face the HOA together.
Years ago the City of Coral Springs had only one approved ISP, which was terrible! So I decided to move to a different city where Comcast was available.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
It took me about 1 second to redeem a code for DP1 and 1 second to redeem one for DP5 from the mac dev center - and about 2 and a half hours of fighting all the glitches on the public beta website to finally redeem a code for PB1!

I think it has more to do with website design than anything pertaining to yosemite, per se.

The ios dev center and mac os dev center seem to be designed by professionals and the public beta one seems to have been designed by amateurs.

The public one needs to be more professionally designed, like the developer ones if this disaster is not to be repeated for a possible PB2 release, or GM public beta testers release.

I am not suggesting the public be given access to all the developer resources, just that the public website be redesigned so as to not be beset by all the glitches.

If apple really want more beta testers by giving some builds to the public, then they can't continue to have a website with all the glitches which effectively prevents the public from accessing those builds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.