Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ffff14P

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2022
I’m finally able to post something in time, yay!

Being inspired by the recent exhibition „Nature humaine – Humaine nature“ at the Fondation Van Gogh in Arles, France, I did not want to shoot something ‚outside‘ in the nature, but I rather focussed on the relationship and interconnection between nature and humans that is often been overlooked.

The weather was not very special this week, so I just stayed at the campus of my university and captures these blossoms. Hope you enjoy.

P52_WEEK15_NATURE_IMG_8730_FF.jpg

P52_WEEK15ALT_NATURE_IMG_8556_FF.jpg
P52_WEEK15ALT_NATURE_IMG_8795_FF.jpg
P52_WEEK15ALT_NATURE_IMG_8812_FF.jpg
P52_WEEK15ALT_NATURE_IMG_8822_FF.jpg

jdoll021

macrumors 6502
Apologies for the late post. The arboretum at my alma maters taken yesterday. I have more if you’re ok with the late posting.

Edit: the above was supposed to be part of the same post as the pic. Not sure why my iPad and macrumors are not getting along with each other today.

Reactions: mollyc

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
View attachment 2188917 View attachment 2188916
A closer..as much as I could Blue Heron and Hellebores

View attachment 2188986 View attachment 2188988
Some pink and some purple
Forgot to mention
Vancouver has thousands and thousands cherry trees , different varieties
We have a blossom festival

View attachment 2189289
Background color symmetry
CC welcome

Lots of great colors here. Are the purple ones azaleas? They are an interesting color.

Reactions: katbel

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Larry ! It's getting warm , You gotta call the pool guys ....

"Nah ... They cost too much , this year I'll do it myself"

View attachment 2188963 View attachment 2188964

Actually , it's the late Cora Timkin's pool . https://www.njpalisades.org/strangerWeird.html Abandoned when her and her husband died and the Parks Commission took it over . They never called the pool guys either .

Interestingly , there's lots of plantings left from the old estates around if you look a bit while hiking .
What a sad and interesting story. :(

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
We took a ferry ride over to Dunoon this past weekend. When there we drove North to Loch Eck, to Jubilee Point. A wonderful place to sit and reflect. There were a couple of people camping too and the smell of their campfires was intoxicating.

I am always surprised when you post a color image, although I think lately you've submitted more color than bw photos. It looks like a lovely spot.

• Haha
Reactions: kenoh

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016

I love these pink flowers!

View attachment 2190159 don’t you think I’m sexy

i’m sorry I didn’t see the post of the date of the last day it’s supposed to be posted. I’m sorry it was supposed to be the 15th. Not today

The grasshopper definitely fits the theme. I am not quite as certain about the cat photo taken in 2019 (no archive photos please) fitting with nature?? You can post photos late as long as they are new and taken with the topic in mind.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
View attachment 2189132

Finally, today, this rather delayed spring, I found a Hepatica nobilis (syn. Anemone hepatica), in Sweden called blåsippa, a traditional and very welcomed sign of spring. The grass is Elymus caninus. These grow together with other quite rare species on the location, most notably white Lathraea squamaria and Actaea spicata (but they are later). The Hepatica nobilis is growing next to a big Quercus robur. None of these, as far as I know, are native to North America, therefore I only present their scientific names.
What a pretty little flower. It does seem like they might be native to North America also?

Reactions: AlixSPQR

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
I’m finally able to post something in time, yay!

Being inspired by the recent exhibition „Nature humaine – Humaine nature“ at the Fondation Van Gogh in Arles, France, I did not want to shoot something ‚outside‘ in the nature, but I rather focussed on the relationship and interconnection between nature and humans that is often been overlooked.

The weather was not very special this week, so I just stayed at the campus of my university and captures these blossoms. Hope you enjoy.

View attachment 2189523
View attachment 2189520 View attachment 2189521 View attachment 2189522 View attachment 2189524
These are all beautiful. I really love the feeling of depth in the first one.

• Love
Reactions: ffff14P
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.