Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Welcome to our P52! This project is designed to get you out with your camera once a week in a meaningful way. Each week I will post a prompt for you to consider. The prompts are merely suggestions, and you are free to shoot off topic if you wish. All images posted must be taken by you, be safe for work, and be taken with this project in mind. Please do not post archive photos. For a further discussion of the guidelines, please refer to this thread, and you can find the previous weeks linked there if you missed them. Feel free to join in at any time of the year, and you may go back to missed weeks if you still wish to participate.

Week 18: New

Web_April_30_2023_001-2.jpg

The theme for this week is “new.” Hopefully most of you have some signs of spring out there (maybe even summer, although here on the east coast we anticipate a cooler week), but even if you are still ankle deep in snow, there are lots of interpretations for this theme.

• You can think of sunrises on a new day.
  • Some warm morning light spilling in through the window.
  • Lucky enough to buy a new car or house this week? Unlikely for most, but both great things to document.
  • Hopping over to the mall and buying some new merchandise, or going into a new store
  • Visiting a new town or street
  • Trying out a new recipe
  • Visiting a new baby
  • A new camera! Or even a new technique you are trying out this week
  • You can also keep an eye out for bird’s nests, eggs, fawns, and other baby wildlife

I imagine most of you will stick to new flowers/growth/spring themes and that is totally fine, but please remember this is a very expansive theme, and try to think outside the box. I’m actually only including one photo for this week’s intro post because it feels like cheating to dive through the archives of old photos. My image for this week was taken yesterday.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
I've been practicing more ICM. It's kind of addictive and also kind of frustrating. I'm slowly starting to get the hang of what areas might make an interesting image, but as happy as I am that our trees are green and not brown now, I'd love to try this somewhere that has more color to it.

Web_May_01_2023_001.jpg

Web_May_01_2023_005.jpg

Web_May_01_2023_003.jpg

Web_May_01_2023_004.jpg

Web_May_01_2023_002.jpg

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
I've been practicing more ICM. It's kind of addictive and also kind of frustrating. I'm slowly starting to get the hang of what areas might make an interesting image, but as happy as I am that our trees are green and not brown now, I'd love to try this somewhere that has more color to it.

View attachment 2196103
The first one is beautiful 💖 and looks similar to an impressionist painting I own (the poster 😅) by Claude Monet
The others have to much movement for me

Reactions: bondr006 and mollyc

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
The first one is beautiful 💖 and looks similar to an impressionist painting I own (the poster 😅) by Claude Monet
The others have to much movement for me
it’s not a technique for everyone or everyday. but i walk the same route everyday and i needed a change of pace from what i normally shoot. most of what i take are instant deletions. but it keeps me thinking differently so i’ll continue on occasionally.

there is a specific look i’m hoping to learn but haven’t gotten there yet.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.