Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Welcome to our P52! This project is designed to get you out with your camera once a week in a meaningful way. Each week I will post a prompt for you to consider. The prompts are merely suggestions, and you are free to shoot off topic if you wish. All images posted must be taken by you, be safe for work, and be taken with this project in mind. Please do not post archive photos. For a further discussion of the guidelines, please refer to this thread, and you can find the previous weeks linked there if you missed them. Feel free to join in at any time of the year, and you may go back to missed weeks if you still wish to participate.

Week 21: Evening

Okay guys. I can't believe it's already Monday. Holiday weekend here in the US with people home since mid last week has me off my game. I didn't even take a new intro photo!

Anyway, we did a Morning theme earlier this year, and now we are on to evening. It's a pretty broad, free form theme, any image after say, 5pm will qualify! See if you can work with golden hour, sunsets, long shadows. You can find a night sky or dusk or twilight. Take a photo of your table for dinner, an evening sports practice.

Here's an archive photo to get us started, but I will come back with a new image or two later this week.

Web_August_13_2019_001.jpg

tizeye

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
Drat, missing it by a day. June 4th should have a night shot of Niagra Falls from the Canadian side, but the week ends June 3rd. It is noted for their light show, so a future POTD.

Reactions: mollyc

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Drat, missing it by a day. June 4th should have a night shot of Niagra Falls from the Canadian side, but the week ends June 3rd. It is noted for their light show, so a future POTD.
You can still submit it if you want. 🙂

tizeye

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
You can still submit it if you want. 🙂
I will, but limited opportunity as driving up so evenings will be recoupe from days drive. Perhaps during the wedding reception evening lights on June 3rd...which is the true reason for the trip. Return via Niagra Falls was the 'let's have fun on the return trip.'

Reactions: mollyc

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
This light is stunning!
Thanks!
Bath is a city dating from Roman times (The clue is in the name as there was a large Roman Bathing establishment here)…
Since then just about everything here has been built from the local limestone — a most gorgeous stone that really soaks up sunshine — especially when it gets to evening time the city just glows.
Worth a visit! 🙂

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.