Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlixSPQR

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2020
Sweden
Oh, this is lovely! Do you get any darkness this time of year, or will you have a bit of daylight throughout for the next month or so?
Thank you. It never gets totally dark this time of year. Real darkness is back in the latter part of August.

• Love
Reactions: mollyc

JAWJr

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2011
Oregon, USA
We are going to the beach in August, but right now that still seems so long from now.

What a beautiful street scene! The clock is a good detail to set the time of day. Do you mind sharing where in the world this is?
I understand August feeling a long ways away!

This was Sunday evening at the main church in the Centro neighbourhood of Puerto Vallarta MX, “Parish of our Lady of Guadalupe”. If you could only hear the bells ringing… Quite an environment!

ffff14P

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2022
An evening in Prague

P52_WEEK22_EVENING_IMG_0918_FF.jpg

P52_WEEK22ALT_EVENING_IMG_0790_FF.jpg

P52_WEEK22ALT_EVENING_IMG_0837_FF.jpg

P52_WEEK22ALT_EVENING_IMG_0859_FF.jpg

P52_WEEK22ALT_EVENING_IMG_0874_FF.jpg

P52_WEEK22ALT_EVENING_IMG_0964_FF.jpg

@mollyc As you might have noticed, I usually post several photos for each theme, sometimes even more than the five images you mentioned in the original P52 post. Is this still okay? Would you rather suggest to focus on less images per theme? What is your opinion on this?
I usually try to pick one main photo representing this theme and post it first, but I just don’t want to not post the other photos as well.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
An evening in Prague

View attachment 2214374

View attachment 2214373

View attachment 2214376

View attachment 2214371

View attachment 2214372

View attachment 2214375

@mollyc As you might have noticed, I usually post several photos for each theme, sometimes even more than the five images you mentioned in the original P52 post. Is this still okay? Would you rather suggest to focus on less images per theme? What is your opinion on this?
I usually try to pick one main photo representing this theme and post it first, but I just don’t want to not post the other photos as well.
These are lovely!

You can post as many as you like while working with the theme. I appreciate when they are all included in one post (per day) as you have them here, rather than a new post for individual photos (but I won't kick you out if you do it that way 😉).

I especially love the last one in this set. Also works for this week's movement theme!

ffff14P

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2022
These are lovely!

You can post as many as you like while working with the theme. I appreciate when they are all included in one post (per day) as you have them here, rather than a new post for individual photos (but I won't kick you out if you do it that way 😉).

I especially love the last one in this set. Also works for this week's movement theme!
Thanks for clearing this up.
Yep, I know that the last one would work also, but I already have something else shot for this week. But that’s actually what I really love about this P52, that one image might fall into different themes

• Love

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Thanks for clearing this up.
Yep, I know that the last one would work also, but I already have something else shot for this week. But that’s actually what I really love about this P52, that one image might fall into different themes
Yes, often when we start combining multiple themes or techniques into a single photo our work gets much stronger overall. 🙂 Of course with something like evening and morning, it doens't work well. But your combination of evening and motion creates a lovely vignette with beautiful sunset colors and deliberate motion, encouraging the viewer to linger over the photo longer.

Last edited:

ffff14P

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2022
Yes, often when we start combing multiple themes or techniques into a single photo our work gets much stronger overall. 🙂 Of course with something like evening and morning, it doens't work well. But your combination of evening and motion creates a lovely vignette with beautiful sunset colors and deliberate motion, encouraging the viewer to linger over the photo longer.
Exactly! I think this might even work with general themes as morning or evening, as long as you're consciously looking for specific morning/evening things(?), e.g. light (golden hour, blue hour) or other typical things happening usually in the morning/evening

Reactions: bondr006

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.