Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

_timo_redux_

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2022
New York City
2023-10-21 ~ _R5_3198.jpg

just starting to turn

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond
View attachment 2300175

For me this is what Colorado in the autumn is about. Bright yellow leaves and clear intensely blue skies.
I am jealous. Love the colors. Unfortunately this year was a terribly dry and hot summer and the leaves are just dry and burnt. Most leaves are just falling from the trees without turning colors. There are some reds, but again, they look very dry and burnt.:(

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
View attachment 2300175

For me this is what Colorado in the autumn is about. Bright yellow leaves and clear intensely blue skies.
This is lovely.

I've actually been waiting for a cloudy day because I like the softer lighting effect and it keeps being sunny! I woke up to rain this morning but it had all cleared out by the time I went out for my walk. I don't want it cloudy all the time but we have had so much sun that I just need a day of clouds for some different lighting effects.

Reactions: r.harris1

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
I am jealous. Love the colors. Unfortunately this year was a terribly dry and hot summer and the leaves are just dry and burnt. Most leaves are just falling from the trees without turning colors. There are some reds, but again, they look very dry and burnt.:(
I don't know what it actually looks like where you are but it's still pretty early. We had a big change from drab to color this week, seemingly over just one single night (both my daughter and I noticed it the same day, independently of each other) but there is still a lot of green out there. We have some individual really brilliant trees but they stand out against the green trees still, not blend into a bunch of other colors.

Have patience. 🙂 Hopefully it will come; I'd say you are at least two weeks behind me and maybe three.

r.harris1

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
This is lovely.

I've actually been waiting for a cloudy day because I like the softer lighting effect and it keeps being sunny! I woke up to rain this morning but it had all cleared out by the time I went out for my walk. I don't want it cloudy all the time but we have had so much sun that I just need a day of clouds for some different lighting effects.
Totally! Around Halloween we'll start to get our first cloudy and stormy days, sometimes our first snow of the season. We'll see. It does create excellent lighting effects, for sure.

Reactions: mollyc
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.