Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
IMG_8220.jpeg

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
Well, just when I wanted to take some pictures for this topic, my camera gave up its ghost. It might be a while until I can get this fixed or a replacement, so I guess that was it from me for this year...

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Well, just when I wanted to take some pictures for this topic, my camera gave up its ghost. It might be a while until I can get this fixed or a replacement, so I guess that was it from me for this year...
oh no!!

well you can still use a phone.

i hope you aren’t camera-less for very long. ❤️

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Very sorry for your camera troubles!
I hope it will be a fast recovery. Your iPhone could be a momentarily substitute as Molly said
Which camera do you use?

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
well you can still use a phone.
I'm not the biggest fan of phone photography. In a pinch it's okay, but I find it too limiting.
Which camera do you use?
So far, a somewhat over 9 year old Olympus Pen E-PL5. Whatever will replace it will probably also an MFT camera as I don't really want to rebuy my lenses as well. Although I'm aware that this limits my options quite a bit.

Reactions: katbel

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
I'm not the biggest fan of phone photography. In a pinch it's okay, but I find it too limiting.

So far, a somewhat over 9 year old Olympus Pen E-PL5. Whatever will replace it will probably also an MFT camera as I don't really want to rebuy my lenses as well. Although I'm aware that this limits my options quite a bit.
Oh, I completely agree that phone photography can be limited. I know some people are true masters with their phones, but I am not one of those people. I really just meant for the three weeks we have left for this project, not to use a phone in the long term.

Hopefully Santa can fix or replace your camera. ❤️

OneBar

Suspended
Dec 2, 2022

To be fair, the limitation is the point. Just like using a Holga or a Ricoh GR without lens options. Working within the limitation can be very rewarding.

Reactions: katbel and mollyc

r.harris1

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
CF001120_3200.jpg

A slightly different take on Color Theory. This image was taken with a red filter. The mouse near the center is holding a peppermint candy with red and white stripes (I've posted a color version from another camera in POTD). Red filters in b&w tend to turn reds light gray and tend to darken blues and greens. The tree is green, the wall behind the tree to the left is a dusky blue. A lot of times, if you see a black and white image with an almost black sky with very white clouds, it's possible a red filter was used (or applied post processing).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.