Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
dont know if there is somekind of bug, because now the autofilling (username/Password) doesnt work. i have to manually choose from saved passwords for logins on internet... wierd...

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
Newbie member looking to bypass the security code? hmmm-nothing suspicious about that...
They can always to to EverythingApplePro and watch one of his millions of passcode bypass videos!! :D
[doublepost=1524153894][/doublepost]
Now I’m confused if everyone is joking or being serious.
Well with a post like this it's hard to know if the creator of the post is being entirely serious or joking. I've never heard of a passcode changing itself out of nowhere.

Reactions: saltd and akash.nu

keirrisw

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2018
They can always to to EverythingApplePro and watch one of his millions of passcode bypass videos!! :D
[doublepost=1524153894][/doublepost]
Well with a post like this it's hard to know if the creator of the post is being entirely serious or joking. I've never heard of a passcode changing itself out of nowhere.

But it did happen to me yesterday. I left my phone to charge at night, woke up and I tried to turn off the alarm. At that state, my eyes were still half shut so face ID didn’t recognize my face, so I opted to put my passcode manually, but it said that the passcode was incorrect. I tried to put my correct and the only one passcode I use on my phone, and then my phone was locked. There are a lot of discussions on Apple support about this issue, but everyone was skeptical and very condesending to give any valuable solution or feedback and the only thing I could do was put my phone to recovery mode to reset everything.

Reactions: sigomez

internetrando

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2018
Texas
I have never had this happen, but I have heard of it happening before.

Your only method is to restore the phone through iTunes; preferably through DFU mode.

You MUST know the Apple ID username and password to access the device after it has been restored.

Let this be a lesson on the importance of daily, or more regular, backups.

OhmygoshZZZ

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2018
Yall, this happen today to my wifes phone. Touch ID and passcode will not work. She just lost everything since her last backup.

Just thought I post to help the "crazy" people who have this happen to them. Its a real thing.

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
yeah, that's the ticket. It magically changed the password all by itself. Happens all the time

/s

Reactions: Azzin

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
Ok so being a disbeliever in this password changing issue, a bit of a shock this morning as my daughter has just messaged me to say her phone won’t accept her password.
And now the phone is disabled.
118a888061e68ee204a803a8cdc744ff.jpg

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Same thing! Tried to start my car yet my key won't work. Somebody must have changed out keys on me without me knowning. Anyone know how to hotwire a 2016 E550?
Nah man. They got to your ignition. Maybe Mercedes will cut you a new key.

This must be Apple trolling those outside the U.S. since all these newbies are flooding in and corroborating this story with broken English.

Reactions: braddick

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
Ok so being a disbeliever in this password changing issue, a bit of a shock this morning as my daughter has just messaged me to say her phone won’t accept her password.
And now the phone is disabled.
118a888061e68ee204a803a8cdc744ff.jpg

Thought I’d give an update on this.
After her not getting anywhere with Apple Support I recommend connecting to a laptop and iTunes which after a few hours of trying and trying again she managed to restore the phone as new and is now up and running again.
So recommend a restore via iTunes for anyone with the same issue.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Thought I’d give an update on this.
After her not getting anywhere with Apple Support I recommend connecting to a laptop and iTunes which after a few hours of trying and trying again she managed to restore the phone as new and is now up and running again.
So recommend a restore via iTunes for anyone with the same issue.

Quick question- Why did she have to “try” multiple times? And how did she finally manage to restore? Without that passcode?! I thought even DFU mode would need that passcode?!

Last edited:

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
Quick question- Why did she have to “try” multiple times? And how did she finally manage to restore? Without that passcode?! I thought even DFU mode would need that passcode?!

Not entirely sure why, from what I could understand the download was hanging so the phone kept coming out of recovery mode after a certain amount of time.
All she told me was she tried to let it backup but kept asking for passcode which it wouldn’t accept but was able to restore as new which allowed to to use a new passcode.
That’s as much as I know as I was at work at the time so didn’t get to see other than a couple of photos she sent of the laptop screen.

Last edited:

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Actually I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss the OP.

I remember reading an article about something like this happening a few weeks ago. Managed to find it again.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ged-my-password-and-locked-me-out-what-gives/

My iPhone changed my password and locked me out. What gives?
It wasn’t user error this time. Wait. Was it?

Yes, I’ve read that article as well and I think that’s down to the user.

And I completely agree with Apple’s stance on privacy as she mentions. The point is, thanks to Apple's air-tight privacy protection, there was no way for me to figure out the new password on my own.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Yes, I’ve read that article as well and I think that’s down to the user.
It’s difficult to say really but it does sound strange.

I had a 4 code passcode on my iPad mini. I needed to use it at a function and didn’t want the screen to turn off so I turned off the screen time out feature and it told me to turn off the passcode which I did. When I put the passcode back on it now required me to have a 6 digit passcode. I wasn’t locked out I just had to set a new 6 digit passcode and it didn’t allow me to use a 4 digit one.

I wonder if something like this happened to that lady and she got confused and ended up locking herself out of the phone.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
It’s difficult to say really but it does sound strange.

I had a 4 code passcode on my iPad mini. I needed to use it at a function and didn’t want the screen to turn off so I turned off the screen time out feature and it told me to turn off the passcode which I did. When I put the passcode back on it now required me to have a 6 digit passcode. I wasn’t locked out I just had to set a new 6 digit passcode and it didn’t allow me to use a 4 digit one.

I wonder if something like this happened to that lady and she got confused and ended up locking herself out of the phone.

Apple moved from 4 to 6 digits passcode as a whole but as a means of backward compatibility, if you’ve already had a 4 digits passcode, they didn’t force the users because potentially it could create weird side effects for scenarios can’t be confirmed from before.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Apple moved from 4 to 6 digits passcode as a whole but as a means of backward compatibility, if you’ve already had a 4 digits passcode, they didn’t force the users because potentially it could create weird side effects for scenarios can’t be confirmed from before.
Yes I managed to keep the 4 digit passcode on my iPhone and iPad Pro because they were restored from older devices but now I’m having to use one on my iPad mini because I turned it off.

Reactions: akash.nu

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Wait, so Apple is requiring users to use 6 digit passcodes in non-enterprise environments these days? How's it determined who has to use it and who doesn't? I set up my phone as new when I reverted to iOS 11 from the 12 beta and was allowed to use four digits.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.