Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
It'll draw where your palms are as well. You have to be careful not to put your hands on the iPad.

Doodle buddy can handle multitouch writing. as in you can use up to 3 fingers to draw. So it is possible

The catch will be the developers need to make it so the first point of contact which is your palm is not the pen and then the second point of contact is recognized as the pen.

it won't be easy. Can I wear special gloves?

jsbaugh

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2009
Im using a Pogo stylus with Penultimate and it works well. I can write pretty small and clear. It would work for taking notes in a class.

jsbaugh

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2009
Yeah, when using a Pogo stylus if you rest your hand or wrist on the screen the stylus won't work and you'll wind up with images where your hand was. Bummer....:(

Not true. I use a pogo stylus and rest my hand on the screen and write at the same time. You do get some marks where your hand was but you can use the eraser for that.

weenie

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2010
Not true. I use a pogo stylus and rest my hand on the screen and write at the same time. You do get some marks where your hand was but you can use the eraser for that.
I am guessing that, if you want to, you could put a piece of paper on the screen where your hand rests. Then slide it down as you write (?)

I am reading the discussion about using the pen with interest as I would like to write smaller and more per page.

jsbaugh

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2009
I am guessing that, if you want to, you could put a piece of paper on the screen where your hand rests. Then slide it down as you write (?)

I am reading the discussion about using the pen with interest as I would like to write smaller and more per page.

The paper idea is a good one. I will have to try that. Using a stylus I can write in between the lines in penultimate. I could easily take a lot of notes without a problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.