Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thenewplayer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2019
Hey, could anyone help me how to install the new player on Mac OS? I couldn't find anything on the Git page just the build.txz. Thanks!

You need to download the files having field of macos, such as:

The player supports multiple platforms -- macOS, BSD and Linux, you need to download the files for macOS. Txz files are for FreeBSD not macOS.

goseango

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2020
Tacoma, WA USA
I get "NextPlayer cannot be opened because the developer cannot be identified" blah blah blah "malware" which I know is the standard message for apps that have not gone through notarization. So any chance of me actually using the player without you doing the notarization? I'm on Catalina 10.15.6

MHenr

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2008
I get "NextPlayer cannot be opened because the developer cannot be identified" blah blah blah "malware" which I know is the standard message for apps that have not gone through notarization. So any chance of me actually using the player without you doing the notarization? I'm on Catalina 10.15.6

Try to open it again. You'll get the same message.
Next go to system preference>security & privacy>General tab

There will be a message at the bottom saying the app was blocked.
But there should be a button next to it "open anyway".
Click that and it should launch.

Dan623

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2015
Wow. This is fantastic. Great work; exactly what I was looking for. Would be great to be able to categorise channels so we create some sort of folder for each channel etc. Keep up the good work! Thanks again.

EDIT: Maybe a shortcut to Channel Search as well and a Chromecast option?

Last edited:

thenewplayer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2019
Wow. This is fantastic. Great work; exactly what I was looking for. Would be great to be able to categorise channels so we create some sort of folder for each channel etc. Keep up the good work! Thanks again.

EDIT: Maybe a shortcut to Channel Search as well and a Chromecast option?

thanks for using my app!

haddy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2012
NZ
You just drag your files to the main window, we don't need extra menus or things like this.
Oh well never mind...obviously not for me I have my files on numerous NAS's.
Way too cumbersome to drag and drop from multiple windows.

thenewplayer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2019
Oh well never mind...obviously not for me I have my files on numerous NAS's.
Way too cumbersome to drag and drop from multiple windows.

Yes, that's what I hope to solve in future.

Currently, despite we can drag directories into the main window and the player can import these files, the playe lacks the mechanism to sort and categorize these programs.

Thank you.

Reactions: haddy

macstickmac

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2008
Hey @thenewplayer

Just downloaded the app and it's very promising, does the basics well so far, keep up the good work! ?

One issue that I'm running into though is the IPTV options in the menu.
I don't seem to be able to add a URL, wondering if it's still in development and it's just a placeholder or if it should be working?
I find other options within the menu are also unchangeable?

Some features I'd like to see it in upcoming version:
  1. More user friendly with a remote.
  2. Ability to change stream/channel with shortcut keys (For me, I would change up and down to change stream/channel).
  3. When the program list is on display, up and down keys allow you to highlight stream/channel, and enter allows you to then select/play it.
  4. Ability to have the "show program channel list" auto appear when the mouse moves to the far left of the screen/window.
    Edit: just seen the option: [Enable program dock auto show].
  5. Ability to save filters (can't type with a remote, so need to get the keyboard out... ?) or create folders based on channel name (latter would be preferred as my m3u gets updated with new channels and this would automatically organise them.
  6. Xtream Codes integration, this would allow greater control over organising category based on the provider.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 11.41.45.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 11.41.45.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

thenewplayer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2019
Hey @thenewplayer

Just downloaded the app and it's very promising, does the basics well so far, keep up the good work! ?

One issue that I'm running into though is the IPTV options in the menu.
I don't seem to be able to add a URL, wondering if it's still in development and it's just a placeholder or if it should be working?
I find other options within the menu are also unchangeable?

Some features I'd like to see it in upcoming version:
  1. More user friendly with a remote.
  2. Ability to change stream/channel with shortcut keys (For me, I would change up and down to change stream/channel).
  3. When the program list is on display, up and down keys allow you to highlight stream/channel, and enter allows you to then select/play it.
  4. Ability to have the "show program channel list" auto appear when the mouse moves to the far left of the screen/window.
    Edit: just seen the option: [Enable program dock auto show].
  5. Ability to save filters (can't type with a remote, so need to get the keyboard out... ?) or create folders based on channel name (latter would be preferred as my m3u gets updated with new channels and this would automatically organise them.
  6. Xtream Codes integration, this would allow greater control over organising category based on the provider.
Thank you.

Hi macstickmac,

Thanks for using my app.

I think you points are all great!

I am pursuing a degree recently, quite busy. When I get time I will continuously update this app.

- Author: sudormroot

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.