Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
Seem like a simple requirement but honestly Apple is the only choice. Other than Apple, only Samsung and Pixel has that level of camera AI. Both Samsung and Pixel have serious problems with hardware and OS. Pixel is famous for horrible build quality and the latest one is buttons of Pixel 7 or 7 Pro would just fail off after using for few months. Too many people report and it is funny how they design with just vacuum force but nothing else. Pixel would just become a brick too for some OS issue. Samsung is nothing better and has long term horrible build quality issue.

• Haha
Reactions: Shouldibuy

Aoligei

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2020
I have had Pixel since Pixel 1 and I have never had problem with Pixel phones. I am not saying Pixel phones are problem free, but if you look. At mass produced phone, problems will occur in small quantity.

In the same sense, I have had every generation of iPhone since 4S and never had issue.

Maybe I am just lucky or I always have case and screen protectors on.

Reactions: gusmula

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
I have had Pixel since Pixel 1 and I have never had problem with Pixel phones. I am not saying Pixel phones are problem free, but if you look. At mass produced phone, problems will occur in small quantity.

In the same sense, I have had every generation of iPhone since 4S and never had issue.

Maybe I am just lucky or I always have case and screen protectors on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/13u31ck
Look like it would happen for sure

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
Okay? What is your point? 13 replies does not tell whole story. You can find similar threads (not volume button) that people reporting iPhone's problem, yet no body seems to say iPhone has poor build quality

There is a reply with 7 posts links all report same problem.

Last edited:

h.gilbert

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2022
Bordeaux
The newer pixels also seem to have a problem where the back glass just cracks of its own accord. IMO there's enough instances of this to suggest some prevalent quality issue.

You might just have to do your own research tbh, otherwise you'll mostly get single responses like "I have x phone and it's been fine".

For example with me I've had iPhones, a Pixel 4 and now a Redmi Note 10 Pro. The Redmi has been the most reliable/least buggy of them all.

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
The newer pixels also seem to have a problem where the back glass just cracks of its own accord. IMO there's enough instances of this to suggest some prevalent quality issue.

You might just have to do your own research tbh, otherwise you'll mostly get single responses like "I have x phone and it's been fine".

For example with me I've had iPhones, a Pixel 4 and now a Redmi Note 10 Pro. The Redmi has been the most reliable/least buggy of them all.

xiaomi cheap serie is still a good deal if someone just wants a phone, but the expensive lineup is so expensive that does not make sense. The camera AI is still not apple Samsung pixel level yet.

h.gilbert

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2022
Bordeaux
xiaomi cheap serie is still a good deal if someone just wants a phone, but the expensive lineup is so expensive that does not make sense. The camera AI is still not apple Samsung pixel level yet.

Yeah for a decent mid tier phone the Xiaomi variants are such a good deal. The new Poco F5 for example...

I find all modern smartphone cameras (except Sonys) to have basically the same quality and absolutely despise the AI image processing that all the flagships do. So I'm lucky that I don't bother looking at camera specs.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Remember when the iPhone 14 Pro was launched? It was plagued with bugs...
Some say the iPhone 13 Pro takes bad photos. There's a 67-page thread on that topic.
iPhone XS had beauty-gate and charge-gate.
iPhone 7 had hiss-gate.
iPhone 6 had bend-gate and crescent-gate (dust seal sliding and covering up the camera lens).
iPhone 5 had scuff-gate.
iPhone 4 had antenna-gate.
I'm sure I'm missing some.

I love Apple products just as much as anyone else, but it's important to recognize even Apple has their own faults.

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
Have you looked in the iPhone threads here on MR? There are a great deal of people having issues with their iPhones. It is no different for ALL phone makers. They ALL have issues.....

This pixel 7 issue is a design and poor quality problem. iPhone kind is like 1 bad iPhone out of 1000.

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
Remember when the iPhone 14 Pro was launched? It was plagued with bugs...
Some say the iPhone 13 Pro takes bad photos. There's a 67-page thread on that topic.
iPhone XS had beauty-gate and charge-gate.
iPhone 7 had hiss-gate.
iPhone 6 had bend-gate and crescent-gate (dust seal sliding and covering up the camera lens).
iPhone 5 had scuff-gate.
iPhone 4 had antenna-gate.
I'm sure I'm missing some.

I love Apple products just as much as anyone else, but it's important to recognize even Apple has their own faults.

These are nothing like pixel 7 button just fell off

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
Yeah for a decent mid tier phone the Xiaomi variants are such a good deal. The new Poco F5 for example...

I find all modern smartphone cameras (except Sonys) to have basically the same quality and absolutely despise the AI image processing that all the flagships do. So I'm lucky that I don't bother looking at camera specs.

Sony just does not care AI even though it makes almost all better phone camera sensor.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
This pixel 7 issue is a design and poor quality problem. iPhone kind is like 1 bad iPhone out of 1000.
all that shows is you have your head in the sand when it comes to iPhone faults. but are quick to point fingers at others.
Obviously you have never read the issues in the iPhone forums.

article-0-1A2B262D00000578-818_636x382.jpg

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
all that shows is you have your head in the sand when it comes to iPhone faults. but are quick to point fingers at others.

This is unfair :) obviously OP has a defective search engine or perhaps a modified pair of Zaphod Beeblebrox glasses ie ones that turn instantly black on negative postings or faults on Apple LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: jamezr

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
OP asked in thread title for »Phone with best photo and stable hardware+OS« - clearly there is only one with literally rock-solid hardware as well as a stable OS. Sadly I did not find the »best«, but at least one photo of it:

IMG_2596.jpeg

comments can be close now, please. 🤓🤪

Reactions: SteveJUAE

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023

I had a lot of experience with Samsung and Apple products. All Samsung products failed in bad ways within 3 years like the Samsung door lock main component fail. Apple stuff almost never fail except my Beats earbud just fail off after like 2 years even I just use it pure indoor. Pixel hardware quality is so bad that I think all pixel users know it but it is so cheap after around 1 year that it is like a apple battery price with few extra dollars.

Aoligei

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2020
I had a lot of experience with Samsung and Apple products. All Samsung products failed in bad ways within 3 years like the Samsung door lock main component fail. Apple stuff almost never fail except my Beats earbud just fail off after like 2 years even I just use it pure indoor. Pixel hardware quality is so bad that I think all pixel users know it but it is so cheap after around 1 year that it is like a apple battery price with few extra dollars.
Dude, I literally still have first generation Pixel still working fine. Your conclusion of bad Pixel hardware quality is simply base on some reddit post. Wow

Reactions: jamezr

Aoligei

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2020
Except iPhone 6 ghost touching isse, iPhone 7 audio failure and no service issue, iPhone 8 and iPhone X logic board problem, iPhone 11 touch screen issue, iPhone 12 no sound issue, iPhone 14 green line issue... Various issues with MacBooks... Yeah, Apple stuff almost never fail.

If you are just going to start a post and bashing Android and prise Apple, then you have successed

RedTheReader

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2019
Samsung is nothing better and has long term horrible build quality issue.
I'm ignoring all the other concerns in this comment section in regards to Pixel devices because I know there's real validity to them, but I'm curious, what's the complaint about these devices? I think most people would agree that the hardware on Samsung devices actually exceeds or at least matches Apple's in pretty much every regard.

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
I'm ignoring all the other concerns in this comment section in regards to Pixel devices because I know there's real validity to them, but I'm curious, what's the complaint about these devices? I think most people would agree that the hardware on Samsung devices actually exceeds or at least matches Apple's in pretty much every regard.

This is an example:
https://www.reddit.com/r/samsung/comments/14uxdax
And my impression with Samsung was years ago which is supposed to be much better than what you would get now since their profit had dropped 99% in a year, guess what they do when they have no profit. Samsung strategy is always marketing first with very fancy ads, fancy product looking, then quality comes…last

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
nothing like stating your opinion as fact is there? You smell of a Apple fan who views all other brands are failures.
Good for you I am glad it works for you. I use Samsung, Google and Apple...what you are describing is false.
Enjoy your Apple fandom narrow point of view.....

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
This is an example:
https://www.reddit.com/r/samsung/comments/14uxdax
And my impression with Samsung was years ago which is supposed to be much better than what you would get now since their profit had dropped 99% in a year, guess what they do when they have no profit. Samsung strategy is always marketing first with very fancy ads, fancy product looking, then quality comes…last
Here you go...this only took 3 minutes to find

https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/ss6lj5

Reactions: ios3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.