Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
Here you go...this only took 3 minutes to find

https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/ss6lj5

Only Pixel 7 buttons fell down that kind of issue with massive amount of reports matter. What you describe just happen to very small % of users.

Allen_Wentz

macrumors 68030
Dec 3, 2016
USA
Remember when the iPhone 14 Pro was launched? It was plagued with bugs...
Some say the iPhone 13 Pro takes bad photos. There's a 67-page thread on that topic.
iPhone XS had beauty-gate and charge-gate.
iPhone 7 had hiss-gate.
iPhone 6 had bend-gate and crescent-gate (dust seal sliding and covering up the camera lens).
iPhone 5 had scuff-gate.
iPhone 4 had antenna-gate.
I'm sure I'm missing some.

I love Apple products just as much as anyone else, but it's important to recognize even Apple has their own faults.
When millions of a phone model are sold, to make the statement "It was plagued with bugs..." requires there to be very large numbers of buggy phones. That was not the case with the iPhone 14 Pro.

Reactions: h.gilbert

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
Only Pixel 7 buttons fell down that kind of issue with massive amount of reports matter. What you describe just happen to very small % of users.
Regardless of any "fact" or objective reality you live your blanket statements are simply slanted points of view to start an argument over your opinion??

You can think the sun is black, but it doesn't make it truth.

The percentage of people having volume button fail is also very small but it is a very attention grabbing headline.

The truth is Apple and Google make fine phones. One cost much less than the other yet can do things the other can't. A Google Pixel 7 Pro cost $899 retail but has been on sale at $749 or less. That is cheaper than the entry level iPhone and you get so much more. Pixel is more secure than a normal Android phone. It has a vast number of AI features like call screening, photo unblur, and much more. It has a telephoto zoom lense, quad hd OLED screen with 120hz.

Does Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max beat the Google Pixel 7 pro? It should for the cost difference alone. The fact that it can even be compared is saying something and there are ways where the iPhone is clearly superior but there are also ways the Pixel is superior and at a considerable cost savings.

Pixel and Android is not perfect but either is Apple or iOS. Both are better than each other in certain ways.

But to simply trash on a brand because of a hardware failure is a rather adolescent attempt at dismissal of taking the brand seriously. Go ahead and laugh at us stupid Pixel users. Next time you have to answer a spam call I will have Google answer it for me.

Enjoy Apple. Nothing wrong with that but why come on the Android section of a Mac forum to complain about Android and how much better Apple is? You have several forums dedicated to your phone. Go on them and brag with your brothers how superior you all are and enjoy. No one will think twice. But coming on here and doing what you are doing shows something about what you are doing and why.

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
Regardless of any "fact" or objective reality you live your blanket statements are simply slanted points of view to start an argument over your opinion??

You can think the sun is black, but it doesn't make it truth.

The percentage of people having volume button fail is also very small but it is a very attention grabbing headline.

The truth is Apple and Google make fine phones. One cost much less than the other yet can do things the other can't. A Google Pixel 7 Pro cost $899 retail but has been on sale at $749 or less. That is cheaper than the entry level iPhone and you get so much more. Pixel is more secure than a normal Android phone. It has a vast number of AI features like call screening, photo unblur, and much more. It has a telephoto zoom lense, quad hd OLED screen with 120hz.

Does Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max beat the Google Pixel 7 pro? It should for the cost difference alone. The fact that it can even be compared is saying something and there are ways where the iPhone is clearly superior but there are also ways the Pixel is superior and at a considerable cost savings.

Pixel and Android is not perfect but either is Apple or iOS. Both are better than each other in certain ways.

But to simply trash on a brand because of a hardware failure is a rather adolescent attempt at dismissal of taking the brand seriously. Go ahead and laugh at us stupid Pixel users. Next time you have to answer a spam call I will have Google answer it for me.

Enjoy Apple. Nothing wrong with that but why come on the Android section of a Mac forum to complain about Android and how much better Apple is? You have several forums dedicated to your phone. Go on them and brag with your brothers how superior you all are and enjoy. No one will think twice. But coming on here and doing what you are doing shows something about what you are doing and why.

Your replies have a lot of words but zero figures. I count how many people report the exact same problem like button fall off from pixel 7. I don’t see Apple has any constant serious problem like a button fall off.

Aoligei

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2020
Your replies have a lot of words but zero figures. I count how many people report the exact same problem like button fall off from pixel 7. I don’t see Apple has any constant serious problem like a button fall off.

If it warrant Apple to do while recall on iPhone 8 and iPhone X logic board problem or whole MacBook butterfly keyboard, then it must be significant.

I get it, you like Apple and you are on mission to make Apple looks better. But please, you are blowing Pixel 7 button fall of way out of proportion. It is kind fumny now.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US

No so fast there are a LOT of pixel users here in the Alt section and no has complained of buttons falling off. That disproves your statements.

Reactions: robvalentine

robvalentine

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2014
You are gonna be deviated to discover that my pixel 7 pro buttons are still attached.

Also all my friends and colleagues who have pixels where the buttons are still attached.

Reactions: jamezr

francoismatronis

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2023
If pixel buttons fell off, drug may claim you down but cannot fix it.

If the button falls off under warranty, Google will send your device to a third-party repair company who will crack the screen and destroy the logic board in the process of another botched repair. And then blame you for sending them a destroyed device.

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
Maybe stay off the drugs? 😂

If the button falls off under warranty, Google will send your device to a third-party repair company who will crack the screen and destroy the logic board in the process of another botched repair. And then blame you for sending them a destroyed device.

A lot of countries like where I am do not officially sell Pixel. I would need to order from US Amazon, shipping would be free but shipping back for warranty would be very expensive and troublesome.

h.gilbert

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2022
Bordeaux
Let's not forget that Apple sells roughly 10x the phones that Google does. So even in if tiny proportion of users have problems with their iPhones, that could be a big enough absolute number for it to be declared a 'gate' even though it may be a tiny tiny proportion of iPhones that have that problem. So if there was a 'gate' with a Google device I'd be more concerned.

Of course there's so many variables here that this might not actually be a good way to judge it. For instance, Pixel users may generally be more interested in tech and therefore more likely to discuss problems with their devices online.

danb1979

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2015
Preston, Lancs - UK
Google phones IMO

Never ever had an issue with any of them; had more issues with bloody Samsungs than any other device put together

My current P7P is faultless; but it's slick and easy to use as well...

The iPhones are superb also IMO

They'll always be the top 2 for me

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021

A lot of countries like where I am do not officially sell Pixel. I would need to order from US Amazon, shipping would be free but shipping back for warranty would be very expensive and troublesome.
So you are complaining about a phone you can't buy because if you do you won't get any warranty support. But you don't own the phone. But somehow in a country that Google doesn't sell the Pixel officially buttons are falling off of all Pixel 7 phones?

I don't know if you are just jealous because you want to buy the phone but can't because you risk the buttons coming off?

In any case, I would not buy what is not officially supported in my country. I did it with a couple cheap phones from China and it didn't work out well. Stick to Apple or whatever it is that you like and you won't have to worry about buttons. Give Apple a few more years and they might just solve the pesky button problem by eliminating them.

Reactions: robvalentine

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
So you are complaining about a phone you can't buy because if you do you won't get any warranty support. But you don't own the phone. But somehow in a country that Google doesn't sell the Pixel officially buttons are falling off of all Pixel 7 phones?

I don't know if you are just jealous because you want to buy the phone but can't because you risk the buttons coming off?

In any case, I would not buy what is not officially supported in my country. I did it with a couple cheap phones from China and it didn't work out well. Stick to Apple or whatever it is that you like and you won't have to worry about buttons. Give Apple a few more years and they might just solve the pesky button problem by eliminating them.

I can buy but not going to buy since button would have high chance falling off anyway.

Pixel 7 series crazy overheat with Samsung cpu is another big problem:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/14oyovy This is basically 100% would happen except few gets an outstanding die cpu.

I don’t want to carry a heater.

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
Honestly I don’t think I am an Apple fan and iPhone 15 is going to be even more expensive which doesn’t make much sense for me anymore. I want to switch to android since the price is so different but as I have pointed out these two brands are too disappointed that I have no idea what can I choose other than Apple.

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
I was reading posts on local forum and I see people complain about this
https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS23/comments/11mmait This banana shape out of focus make their photos worse than taking photo with any cheapest possible phone. This should be a hardware problem which OS update cannot fix it, we’ll Samsung would not care except phone kept exploding like Note 7 did. This happens to s23 Ultra too which is a top and expensive phone.

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
If you are a Pixel user then you should know Pixel is famous for keep having a lot of bugs and each new patch brings even more bugs.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
I can buy but not going to buy since button would have high chance falling off anyway.

Pixel 7 series crazy overheat with Samsung cpu is another big problem:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/14oyovy This is basically 100% would happen except few gets an outstanding die cpu.

I don’t want to carry a heater.
Interesting.

Now you don't want a heater and a power button to fall off.

Okay.

It is one of the best smartphones of the year. Too bad you will never know why?

Reactions: danb1979

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
Here is a good example about Samsung product quality and their customer service:

I've got the same problem.

Went to Samsung Support and showed them a picture of the banana blurr.

They basically said f*ck you (not literally...they just didn't even admit to the problem) and told me....ahh yes we see you have discovered the bokeh effect of our amazing camera which is so great because the sensor is huge and this results in blurry photos.

Only problem is that bokeh is caused by things like big sensors and open apertures which create the effect that only stuff at a certain DISTANCE to the lense is in focus while the rest is blurry...many photographers use this to draw attention to certain parts in their photos or for their creative vision in general.

Distance is the important part here. Bokeh doesn't randomly show up in the form of a banana but is caused by things being closer oder further away from where your focus is at.

Meaning S-Supports response is a ******** and plain wrong explanation for banana shaped blurr. They know they ****ed up and now they're trying to cover it up while throwing the consumer under the bus.

I've been team samsung for 8 years but next time I'm going Apple....if I pay almost 1.5k for a phone I want a working camera and I think that's nothing unreasonable to ask for. Compared to Samsung Apple at least has decent QC.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS23/comments/12vn1ca

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
I have all posts all links to prove my arguments.
If you think that posting some almost random small threads from reddit constitutes a compelling argument then it's no wonder so many users are correcting you :rolleyes:

By your metrics - I can find several such post of old Iphone home buttons popping off and even more on stuck buttons. This would mean Apples quality is abismul and has catastrophic hardware failures ..................... not

This is the measure of your logic and its laughable

It would not be so bad if you even read the threads you post. As in the case of the Samsung one it, had more replies about washing machines and fridges LOL and mainly only positive notes on the S23, for example

Even your recent posting of someone else's recount is factually incorrect and he was advised so in the thread

I see little or no original thought or content from yourself

This thread is simple argumentative click bait at best and not worthy of serious discussion let alone your denial of Apples own issues that happens with any OEM that mass produces

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
If you think that posting some almost random small threads from reddit constitutes a compelling argument then it's no wonder so many users are correcting you :rolleyes:

By your metrics - I can find several such post of old Iphone home buttons popping off and even more on stuck buttons. This would mean Apples quality is abismul and has catastrophic hardware failures ..................... not

This is the measure of your logic and its laughable

It would not be so bad if you even read the threads you post. As in the case of the Samsung one it, had more replies about washing machines and fridges LOL and mainly only positive notes on the S23, for example

Even your recent posting of someone else's recount is factually incorrect and he was advised so in the thread

I see little or no original thought or content from yourself

This thread is simple argumentative click bait at best and not worthy of serious discussion let alone your denial of Apples own issues that happens with any OEM that mass produces

I am talking about the latest pixel 7 and s23 horrible issues, but you talk about Apple home button stuff like decade ago? Latest iPhone is That perfect? I am impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.