Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gbf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2019
this is just really grating on my nerves as well as I'm sure yours...this is a HUGE BUG...with all the money we spend a year on phones, why isn't Tim Cook mandating that his engineers have a fix for this, two days ago??

they should be embarrassed about this iOS 15 BS...

I have to NOT delete messages so the pictures don't disappear?

if you think about it, what does one thing have to do with another...how can saving a photo from a message be any different then taking one on the camera and then gets boomed up to iCloud?

I think its disgusting! this isn't a little bug...this is HUGE and they (Apple) should be held accountable for this...

Next year don't roll out iOS 16, instead roll out a stable version of iOS 15...

its all about the mighty dollar sign and all of us, are suckers...

just a rant...thank you for listening...

btw, has anyone heard of a fix coming down the pike?

StevenB14

macrumors regular
May 23, 2012
Scotland
I assume these are the photos that appear as “shared with you”. Unless you actually save the photo they will disappear if you delete the message. This is designed behaviour.

edit:

I get you now. You’re saving the photo and it’s still disappearing. Yeah that’s a pretty terrible bug. iOS15 seems to be half baked. Really need an update asap.

Last edited:
Reactions: ec0yne

gbf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2019
I guess you haven’t heard the news. If you save them from messages and as soon as they get backed up to iCloud, if you delete the message itself, the photos go along with them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.