Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OldMacs4Me

macrumors 68020
May 4, 2018
Wild Rose And Wind Belt
Finishing this year with a miraculous recovery of a 'hopeless' 4x5 neg, from June of 1979. This shot of the Freemont Overlook in Capitol Reef National Park was shot at an exposure of ƒ-64 @ 1/15th of a second. That would have been an underexposure all by itself but I used a polarizing filter as well so it was possibly 3 stops underexposed! I really was not expecting to be able to salvage anything, but did the copy anyway. PhotoShop came through in spades.

Schneider 121mm ƒ-8 Super Angulon lens, Vericolor II film, ƒ-64, 1/15 sec.
CR78_14aFreemontOverlook.jpg

Last edited:

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Correct, it's in a ceiling display at the Bellagio.

His work is fantastic. This Chihuly piece is in the foyer of the Victoria and Albert Museum, London. Here in Seattle, we have the large Chihuly Garden and Glass museum/exhibition at the Seattle Center. And just down the road in Tacoma, is his Museum of Glass, with a complete hot shop – really interesting to visit.

Victoria and Albert Museum.jpg

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond
His work is fantastic. This Chihuly piece is in the foyer of the Victoria and Albert Museum, London. Here in Seattle, we have the large Chihuly Garden and Glass museum/exhibition at the Seattle Center. And just down the road in Tacoma, is his Museum of Glass, with a complete hot shop – really interesting to visit.

View attachment 2135229
I cannot even imagine the hours that must have been put into that piece. His work is just exquisite. Looks like something from a fantasy or sci-fi movie.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.