Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
A bit more sad after-party remains:

yjAKIM1.jpg

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
_MG_9382-X3.jpg

Canon 6D, Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro, Partial Metering, Aperture Priority
ISO 500, 90mm, f/2.8, 1/4000

[doublepost=1514926425][/doublepost]
I am embarking on a Project 365 this year, so hopefully I will be posting more often. I do have a photo for yesterday, but forgot to post it here. And no, they won't all be macros.

View attachment 744906
A 365 project is a great thing to do, even just to force yourself to pick up the camera each day, to really become one with it! I did one for a few years running and got a heck of a lot out of it, challenging myself with various themes and pushing myself further in a technical sense.

Looking forward to seeing the explorations you share with us here, Molly!

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
_MG_9382-X3.jpg

Canon 6D, Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro, Partial Metering, Aperture Priority
ISO 500, 90mm, f/2.8, 1/4000

[doublepost=1514926425][/doublepost]
A 365 project is a great thing to do, even just to force yourself to pick up the camera each day, to really become one with it! I did one for a few years running and got a heck of a lot out of it, challenging myself with various themes and pushing myself further in a technical sense.

Looking forward to seeing the explorations you share with us here, Molly!
Nicely done.

Reactions: Alexander.Of.Oz

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
This is truly outstanding Alex. Fun to try, but I'm not sure that a greater dof with focus stacking would be better. You nailed it with this shot.

~ Peter
Thanks, and I have to agree with you fully, Peter. This image works because of the shallow DOF. I will make the effort to take a more traditional front on and top view of this type of flower with the image stacking. One day!

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Got a chance to visit the traveling Pompeii exhibit at the Arizona Science Center over New Year's weekend... will be posting a few shots from that trip. The limitations were fierce for an amateur photog... no flash photography and everything was being glass enclosures - so had to deal with harsh spot lighting and highly reflective surfaces... hopefully some of these will be worthy of posting here.

oscillum.jpg

Susurs

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
OMG
emoji44.png
spellbinding.
emoji1362.png
as always.

Thank you!
I miss colour and light this time of a year a lot. You wake up and it’s still dark, and it’s only a bit more than 6 hours of ‘dusk daight’.
Well...C’est la vie :)...So almost all my recent pictures are taken by experimenting in dark/poor lighting conditions.

[doublepost=1515008470][/doublepost]P.S. From the other side - 6 months ago I had only phone camera for photography...and any night photography with a lot of possibilities was simply not really an option :)

Last edited:
Reactions: akash.nu

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
Okay, it's just a snap of a car (Bruno, the wife's Passat Wagon) with snow and ice. What's important is WHERE the photo was taken. Savannah, GA. That's right. May seem pretty pidling to those who live in snowy climes but we don't get snow and ice like this, heck we don't get snow (thanks winter storm Grayson). Kind of puts things here at a standstill. Going to be worse tomorrow when this stuff freezes tonite (19F). Might be a Netflix day tomorrow too.

inkmich

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2016
Maryland
Okay, it's just a snap of a car (Bruno, the wife's Passat Wagon) with snow and ice. What's important is WHERE the photo was taken. Savannah, GA. That's right. May seem pretty pidling to those who live in snowy climes but we don't get snow and ice like this, heck we don't get snow (thanks winter storm Grayson). Kind of puts things here at a standstill. Going to be worse tomorrow when this stuff freezes tonite (19F). Might be a Netflix day tomorrow too.

That ice is way worse than snow. Stay safe (and warm).

Reactions: zagato27

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
That ice is way worse than snow. Stay safe (and warm).

Pretty ugly all over the country right now. Lots of places have it much worse than here but it's a real shock to have any snow here. Lucky, still have electricity so good to go as long as the ice build up on the tree limbs is minimal. As long as we stay at home we're good. Work cancelled today, I'm thinking the same for tomorrow as all this stuff will be ice tonite and it's not projected to be warm up. My S4 with quattro is sitting in the garage, kind of a shame that it has summer tires. If I lived in a 4 season locale I'd have a dedicated set of winters. Hoping for a little global warming to come this way:) Cheers

Reactions: someoldguy

jaduff46

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2010
Second star on the right....
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.