Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Rising Waning Gibbous Moon - Sept 1, 2023
IMG_0030-3_plane.png

🫦 Live Exquisite | A Captivating Vision | This is Exquisite Living | Iconic 5-Star Luxury Hotel ⭐️

Beauty. Innovation. Wonder.

The St. Regis Chicago, formerly Wanda Vista Tower, is a 101-story, 1,198 ft (365 m) supertall skyscraper in Chicago, Illinois. Construction started in August 2016 and was completed in 2020. Upon completion it became the city's third-tallest building at 1,198 ft (365 m), surpassing the Aon Center. It is the tallest structure in the world designed by a woman. It forms a part of the Lakeshore East development and overlooks the Chicago River near Lake Michigan.

Welcome to The Residences at The St. Regis Chicago

Welcome to Chicago’s Best Address. Luxurious on every level. Meticulous in every detail. Designed by award-winning architect Jeanne Gang of Studio Gang, the tower’s crystalline form was inspired by the facets of a shimmering gem. Take in the stunning ⭕️ 360-degree views of Chicago and Lake Michigan. Indulge in the bespoke amenities and personalized service. Explore one of the world’s most spectacular cities.

🏙️ The St. Regis Chicago

1693635086128.png

Address: 363 E. Wacker Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60601

Key Facts: Alternative Names: Vista Tower, Wanda Vista Tower, 375. E Wacker - Status: 🟢 Completed - Type: Residential / Hotel - Construction Started / Ended: 2016/2020 - Height: 1,198 ft (365 m) - Site Size: 52,076 sf/ 4,838 m2 - Floor Count: 101 - Floor Area: 1,414,000 sq ft (131,400 m2) - Hotel Rooms: 191 - Parking Spaces: 295 - Total Development Costs: $1,030,000,000 - Lakefront Ultra-Luxury Pieds-a-terre from 1,097 SF to Full Floor 6,800 SF 360 View Penthouse Residences. 1 to 5 Bedrooms Starting from $860,000s to $18,500,000 - Monthly HOA Fees: $7,393 -💰 Highest Residence Price - $11,519,240.00 - 4 Bathrooms/5 Bathrooms Available - Move-in Today!

The St. Regis Chicago is a visionary concept by Magellan Development Group, designed by Jeanne Gang. It is a crystalline form inspired by nature, unlike anything on the Chicago skyline. St Regis Chicago is the third tallest tower in Chicago, This structural work of art has forever changed the city’s skyline.

IMG_2166.jpeg

🎠 The St. Regis - Chicago - The Residences

⚠️ Main Contractor: McHugh Construction
🫧 Management: Magellan Development Group / Wanda Group
🫗 Architect(s): Studio Gang Architects

An Architectural Masterpiece
"We take ordinary materials and make extraordinary buildings.”

©2023 The Residences at The St. Regis Chicago

The St. Regis logos are the trademarks of Marriott International, Inc ., or its affiliates. The Residences at The St. Regis Chicago are not owned, developed or sold by Marriott International, Inc. or its affiliates(“Marriott”). The developer of the residential project, Parcel C LLC, uses the St. Regis marks under a license from Marriott, which has not confirmed the accuracy of any of the statements or representations made about the project. If this license is terminated or expires without renewal, the residential project will no longer be associated with, or have any right to use, the St. Regis tradenames or trademarks. Dev License #2418452

Last edited:

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Sep 12, 2014
Meadowbrook Park, Urbana IL

Verbesina alternifolia is a species of flowering plant in the family Asteraceae. It is commonly known as wingstem[1] or yellow ironweed.[2] It is native to North America.[1]

The name "wingstem" refers to the petioles of the leaves, which run down the stem and form raised ridges or "wings" along it.[3] The plant grows 3-8 feet tall with an unbranched stem until reaching the inflorescence at the very top.[4] Its yellow flower heads, which bloom in late summer through early fall, are 1-2 inches wide and consist of up to 10 bright yellow ray florets that are angled downward, each bearing a notch at the end, as well as a spherical cluster of tubular yellow disk florets in the center.[5]
IMG_8838.jpeg

BasilFawlty

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2009
New Mexico
This was my first attempt to shoot a "big" moon with a long telephoto lens. I was standing on the side of a busy interstate (I-25) with my Canon R5 and a Sigma 150-600mm with a 1.4x teleconverter (so 840mm) on a Sirui Carbon Fiber tripod. I got to my planned shooting location while there was still plenty of light and focused on the antenna at the top of Sandia Crest. Since my hyperlocal distance was much closer to my location (the antenna were 10 miles away), I knew if I focused on those towers, the moon would be acceptably sharp also. Then I just waited for the moon to pop up from behind the mountain. I took several shots as the moon rose. This was the one I felt was best.

Super Moon Sandia Crest-cytog.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.