Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by Counterfit
I've got some B&W stuff I'll scan this weekend, I really like how some of it came out.

We best see it. No excuses. Scan scan scan. :D

I'd found I really dig making b/w's from color digital files. Come up with a nice technique and it's a ton of fun.

G4: Thanks for the comment. It was a VERy foggy day, weirdest weather in awhile. Was 50° for most of the day and then turned colder, got foggy and started to snow! :eek:

Pittsburgh weather confuses me, but makes for nice pics. Though I was a bit tentative taking the cam out in the rain. She lived though. :D

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Originally posted by Moxiemike
We best see it. No excuses. Scan scan scan. :D

I'd found I really dig making b/w's from color digital files. Come up with a nice technique and it's a ton of fun.

G4: Thanks for the comment. It was a VERy foggy day, weirdest weather in awhile. Was 50° for most of the day and then turned colder, got foggy and started to snow! :eek:

Pittsburgh weather confuses me, but makes for nice pics. Though I was a bit tentative taking the cam out in the rain. She lived though. :D

You think that's weird? Ever see a thunderstorm unleash a torrent of rain and leave within five minutes? If you have, were there clouds in the sky five minutes prior to it? If so, then the answer is no :) Howabout it raining in your neighborhood but only on the other side of the street? And I don't mean down the road and not at your house, I mean acrosse the freaking street! :D

Anyway making B&W stuff from color files has been my interest of late too :)

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by zync
You think that's weird? Ever see a thunderstorm unleash a torrent of rain and leave within five minutes? If you have, were there clouds in the sky five minutes prior to it? If so, then the answer is no :) Howabout it raining in your neighborhood but only on the other side of the street? And I don't mean down the road and not at your house, I mean acrosse the freaking street! :D

Anyway making B&W stuff from color files has been my interest of late too :)

Haven't seen no cloud rain, but i've seen two minute tstorms with five minutes of clouds clearing to a perfectly clear sky for the remainder of the day. Amazing to me still. Went from tranquil to fire and brimstone to tranquil again.

I've also been in a rain shower like you mentioned second---while in my car. Where the back of my car was being soaked (was in dead-stop traffic) and the front was fine. Further, in front was a nice sunset and in back... fire and brimstone again.

Weather is weird. I wish i could have afforded film back in those days--or at least had my D100. :(

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I did a shoot with a local gal trying for acting jobs over the weekend. A sample of my efforts.

Attachments

• picture 4.jpg
    picture 4.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 255

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
Originally posted by MacBandit
Have you tried getting a screen calibration program and setting the color?

yeah, i know how to calibrate monitors. they are set-up correctly (i had to really tweak the dimensions to get them to square up at 1280x1024; i have about 3/4 inch of black on each side of the screen!).

they just aren't very bright. the color is ok...within range. they make my powerbook LCD (sitting next to them) look amazing though. :D

peace.

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
Originally posted by eyelikeart
I did a shoot with a local gal trying for acting jobs over the weekend. A sample of my efforts.

have any with her face at an angle? she's a beautiful women, but her eyes are not very symetrical (at least not in that photo). her face would benifit from being angled... i think; but what do i know.

great shot. beautiful women.

peace.

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by neut
yeah, i know how to calibrate monitors. they are set-up correctly (i had to really tweak the dimensions to get them to square up at 1280x1024; i have about 3/4 inch of black on each side of the screen!).

they just aren't very bright. the color is ok...within range. they make my powerbook LCD (sitting next to them) look amazing though. :D

peace.

Sorry to hear that. It definitely sounds bad. I use an Apple Studio 17" CRT that's about 5 years old now. Even compared to my wifes new 15" Powerbook this screen has better color and image production. The only thing the LCD beats it at is text which is definitely sharper on the LCD but it should be.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
what does that have to do with anything, you jerkface....

I know u aren't a fan of popular culture, but that's the key ingredient to making girls on the computer...

at least in the movie it was... :D

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by eyelikeart
mmm, a freckled woman! it seems strange how rarely i see one. i used to hate freckles with a passion, especially on the face, but then i guess i saw lucy liu. i saw this girl this morning walking to class who had freckles, too, all on her cheeks. i was surprised to find myself being attracted to her.

maybe you could just get mike to wear panties or a thong on his head?

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Haven't seen no cloud rain, but i've seen two minute tstorms with five minutes of clouds clearing to a perfectly clear sky for the remainder of the day. Amazing to me still. Went from tranquil to fire and brimstone to tranquil again.

I've also been in a rain shower like you mentioned second---while in my car. Where the back of my car was being soaked (was in dead-stop traffic) and the front was fine. Further, in front was a nice sunset and in back... fire and brimstone again.

Weather is weird. I wish i could have afforded film back in those days--or at least had my D100. :(

The car thing has happened to me too :)

Originally posted by shadowfax
maybe you could just get mike to wear panties or a thong on his head?

certainly do-able :D

Blackhawk

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2002
Elk Grove, Calif.
Photography IX

There was a request for some larger Images of my Glacier National Park shots, here they are, Enjoy.

First One:

Attachments

• reflections.jpg
    reflections.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 202

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
excellent photos Blackhawk. they remind me of 1970's National Geographic pages. very cool. how are you achieving that look?

here's a few from the drive (i spend too much time going to and from work... ):

0059.jpg

0060.jpg

peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.