Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yahooz

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2004
robotrenegade said:
The D-70 is a great camera but the lenz kit is not worth it. You can spend and extra 100 more and get 3 time better lenz.

for 300 dollars you get an AF-S lens.. that alone is going to be a lot better than your other 400 dollar lens. although I bought a 50mm 1.8 as my starter lens...

what for 400.00 would you pick out?

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
0106.jpg

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
yahooz said:
beautiful shot -- what hotel did you shoot that from?

Grand Hyatt. The sunset view out the three panel balcony (though... it was actually just a suicide short ledge) was awesome. My last (posted) photo was just panned to the right of this one.

seattle is full of great photos.

peace.

MacMumm

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2003
Oregon
Great photos everybody! I am still amazed at how much talent everybody here has.

This is just a shot taken at crater lake a few years ago with Wizard Island in the background.

Attachments

• Crater-Lake.jpg
    Crater-Lake.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 129

belair

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Luxland
a little blurry

Still like the picture tough.
I am impressed by the work of you all. Looks real good.
cheers

Attachments

• light.jpg
    light.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 144

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Depth of field...well, I guess I'll break into the photography forum with a few pics. These we shot with a Canon Digital Rebel, with a selection of 3rd party lenses.

IMG_2013.jpg

IMG2027.jpg

IMG2082.jpg

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
blurry can be good

belair said:
Still like the picture tough.
I am impressed by the work of you all. Looks real good.
cheers

A little 'blurry' adds to the mood of your shot! Nice work, everyone.

For the next big thread in the Picture Gallery "Good blurry photos" is suitable, or "the use of blur as a creative element in photography" if we want to get long winded.

yahooz

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2004
I know we havent started the blurred photo thread yet, but here goes ;)

Attachments

• ressed.jpg
    ressed.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 141

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
OutThere761 said:

i like that image... i keep almost every blurry pic i take. it's nice to have for textures or colored background for future design work. it's better than recreating a mood from scratch (or vector).

the silhouetted trees are cool. i've been taking a lot of pics of the tree in the backyard of my (now only somewhat new... to me) house. :) i'l be postin' some tomorrow (remote ftp to my server @ work is still f'd up; i'm going to have to bit the bullet and buy space somewhere).

zync said:
Your style really shines on that one, Neut. Like the new avatar too!
hey, thanks a lot zync. the avatar was spontaneous. i think i will make it move... :)

peace.

robotrenegade

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2002
Greenville,SC
yahooz said:
for 300 dollars you get an AF-S lens.. that alone is going to be a lot better than your other 400 dollar lens. although I bought a 50mm 1.8 as my starter lens...

what for 400.00 would you pick out?

For 400 I would get this lenz, its better then what the package offers.

Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 EX Aspherical DF Autofocus Lens

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
neut said:

I also liked the silhouetted trees...so I took more!

IMG_2041.jpg

This one was kind of a mistake when I was messing around with a really deep field (The dock, 2 cm away, and the hills, ~5 miles away) and it turned out to be sort of a cool blurry landscape.

IMG_2047.jpg

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
AL-FAMOUS said:
what cameras are you guys all using??

im using an old Sony Cybershot 505v... ocasionally i'll use the 10D from work. :D

here's another shot from Seattle (parking garage):
0105.jpg

... and one more befrore i head home (Vancouver):
0107.jpg

peace.

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
ii hate waking up then having to go right back into work. :mad:

My daughter in Vancouver:
raiven_beach-01.jpg

She took this picture of us when she was 5 or 6:
raivens_mom-dad.jpg

peace.

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
neut

the picture of your daughter has come out really well with good quality, however i have the fuji film s5000 which has a 10x zoom and has 4th generation super ccd hd which means i takes pic of upto 6million recorded pixels... i havnt tried it out much yet, but i dont seem to get as good pics with my cam, i have just upgraded from the s3000 and that is about the same quality cam but that didnt really take great pics...

however im sure your a much better photographer than me... im just an am... do you think its just the way im using it or do you think its the cam?

yahooz

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2004
AL-FAMOUS said:
neut

the picture of your daughter has come out really well with good quality, however i have the fuji film s5000 which has a 10x zoom and has 4th generation super ccd hd which means i takes pic of upto 6million recorded pixels... i havnt tried it out much yet, but i dont seem to get as good pics with my cam, i have just upgraded from the s3000 and that is about the same quality cam but that didnt really take great pics...

however im sure your a much better photographer than me... im just an am... do you think its just the way im using it or do you think its the cam?

what do you mean by great pix? sharpness? color? focussing asccuracy? what dont you like about your s5000?

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
yahooz said:
what do you mean by great pix? sharpness? color? focussing asccuracy? what dont you like about your s5000?

i haven't really tried my s5000 out to much yet... and i think its more of my slight lack of picture taking ability... im a good am pic taker but i like to be perfect at everything... just pedantic i suppose.. i would like to have sharp and great color pics..i might start using a polarizing filter when shooting outside on a nice day... i think it tends to make the colors more vibrant

i love the cam i think its great although i think the lens barrel is a little lose so im gunna take it to an independent and see what they thing...might just be how it is...again refer to being pedantic...and a perfectionist...

not in my forum spelling and grammar though,, ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.