Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iLikeMyiMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
St. Louis
With the approval of MudBug I'm starting a new type of photoshop thread. Instead there is no source pic, so photoshops will be around a general topic. I got this idea from a photoshop thread at Fark.com

How would you use Photoshop tools and filters in the real world?

iLikeMyiMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
St. Louis
My entry:

Attachments

• photoshopbeyonce.jpg
    photoshopbeyonce.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,043

katanna

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2004
We have lost twice in a row, I thought it was kinda appropriate.
(click to see biggie)

I have to give credit where due.

Matthew

12ibookg4

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2003
cathrine zeta jones before and after

Attachments

• catherinezetajones.jpg
    catherinezetajones.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,325

Cormac O'Reilly

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2003
Newburyport MA
Photoshop is just too complex for this mere mortals

This is an excellent question. I've bought just about all of the Adobe products at one time or another, including Photoshop and frankly never use any of them. They are all just too complex, despite being powerful and complete. I did get Photo Studio free with .Mac and have been using that since. I post antique pictures on my web site, and for removing the background, and straightening the odd picture up, its perfect, especially when used with iPhoto and its simple tools.

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
Cormac O'Reilly said:
This is an excellent question. I've bought just about all of the Adobe products at one time or another, including Photoshop and frankly never use any of them. They are all just too complex, despite being powerful and complete. I did get Photo Studio free with .Mac and have been using that since. I post antique pictures on my web site, and for removing the background, and straightening the odd picture up, its perfect, especially when used with iPhoto and its simple tools.

You spent that h*ll of money in adobe products but feel happier with Photo Studio... that's Pro! :p ... Come on, did you really spend that much for nothing? :eek:

Darwin

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2003
round the corner
Cormac O'Reilly said:

Things may look complicated to start with but once you expirement you can get the hang of it

I used to think Photoshop was hard, once I tried it out it wasn't so bad, maybe you should give it another try

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.