Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diggy33

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
Northern Virginia
Do I spy with my bespectacled eyes a bottle of the legendary Pliny the Elder?

That is one beer I have never laid eyes on (in real life, that is), let alone sipped, sampled or savoured.

In fact, I doubt that it is available This Side of The Pond.

Do enjoy.
A co-worker of mine used to ship me 12-packs every couple of months. It was a sorrow when he got another job and moved from California.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
A co-worker of mine used to ship me 12-packs every couple of months. It was a sorrow when he got another job and moved from California.
A source of deep and enduring sorrow, I should imagine.

However, while many of the world's great beers (mostly Belgian and German, with a few Czechs thrown in) are to be found in Europe, - and these I can easily enough source - there are a few beers (some from Founder's, and the legendary Pliny) from the US that I would like to be able to lay hands on.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Pliny is the bomb!
I'm afraid that you will have to decode, or translate, that expression for me.

Now, needless to say, I do know and understand what each of the individual words actually mean, but I have no idea what the words - taken together in that sentence - are saying.

Granted, the context suggests pleasure and joy, but, I must admit, this is mere guesswork and extrapolation on my part.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Don Quixote

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023
I'm afraid that you will have to decoade, or translate, that expression for me.

Now, needless to say, I do know and understand what each of the individual words actually mean, but I have no idea what the words - taken together in that sentence - are saying.

Granted, the context suggests pleasure and joy, but, I must admit, this is mere guesswork and extrapolation on my part.
It's great !! ;)

diggy33

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
Northern Virginia
First time finsing Trillium in Virginia; must say, it is quite good

IMG_4158.jpeg

Reactions: Mattlike
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.