Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diggy33

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
Northern Virginia
Havin' a hefe while I waited for my schnitzel.

IMG_4190.jpeg

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
One of these is not like the other. Two out of four got some oxidation during the canning process, I assume.

View attachment 2311342 View attachment 2311343
Ouch.

The one on the left resembles a cloudy cider, rather than beer.

Yes, I suppose that I am sufficiently Old School in that I prefer my beer to come from bottles (or, on tap, occasionally).

Of course, I cannot deny the convenience of cans, but still prefer bottles.

Reactions: Don Quixote

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Sorry for the late reply.
The Kellerbier is an unfiltered beer. This one is amber-colored, but it is also available in dark or light.

In Germany it is a type of "Vollbier"
Thank you.

Amber coloured?

I don't think that I have ever encountered a "Vollbier" (and I am reasonably familiar with German beer styles).

Wonderful.

What was the abv?

And what did it taste like? How was it on your palate?

DocRubble

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2017
Thank you.

Amber coloured?

I don't think that I have ever encountered a "Vollbier" (and I am reasonably familiar with German beer styles).

Wonderful.

What was the abv?

And what did it taste like? How was it on your palate?

Amber means that it is not as light as a Pilsner.
It is not filtered and therefore not as bright. The abv is 5.2% and for me the taste is rather fruity.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
My workplace had its annual Christmas dinner on Thursday, and I had my first beer (two beers, actually) in months. Not much of a drinker these days...

Still, even a regular Carlsberg was quite good. :)

View attachment 2323606
I think I have about 5-10 pints a year these days. That used to be a Friday night in my teens!

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I think I have about 5-10 pints a year these days. That used to be a Friday night in my teens!
Same here...

And even if beer isn't sold in pints here in Norway, we get 0.4, 0.5 or 0.6L, I can still say that, because - basically - the only place I do drink regularly these days are whenever we do our annual trip to London... :)

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Same here...

And even if beer isn't sold in pints here in Norway, we get 0.4, 0.5 or 0.6L, I can still say that, because - basically - the only place I do drink regularly these days are whenever we do our annual trip to London... :)
Ha. I mostly drink in London or Leeds. Basically where I go for work. I don’t drink in Worcester where I live. I have no idea which of those measurements is closest to a pint (and am too lazy to look it up!). Enjoy your trips to London. Used to live there, but a bit too busy for my liking.

Reactions: pachyderm

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Same here...

Enjoy.
Ha. I mostly drink in London or Leeds. Basically where I go for work. I don’t drink in Worcester where I live. I have no idea which of those measurements is closest to a pint (and am too lazy to look it up!). Enjoy your trips to London. Used to live there, but a bit too busy for my liking.
A half litre is roughly equal to a pint, but is a little less, and - mentally, as a measurement, that is what i use for convenience.

In actual fact, a pint lies between 0.5l (a half litre) and 0.6l, clocking in a just over 0.55 litres.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.