Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023
Have you ever tried the ah, more robust version, namely, Guinness Foreign Extra?
I love that as well!

We got hit with a pretty bad snowstorm this past week and I was off work the entire time. I had purchased two six packs a few nights before it hit. Needless to say they didn't last and sadly the beer guy wasn't able to make any deliveries, that's how bad the storm was, so I had to do without.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I love that as well!
As do I.
We got hit with a pretty bad snowstorm this past week and I was off work the entire time. I had purchased two six packs a few nights before it hit. Needless to say they didn't last and sadly the beer guy wasn't able to make any deliveries, that's how bad the storm was, so I had to do without.
Wince.

To be quite candid, I have never been much of a fan of the standard Guinness, but Guinness Foreign Extra is something else entirely; a superb beer.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
One of my favorites!
One of mine, too.

I first encountered it in Nairobi, - I had never believed that it truly existed - and was instantly bowled over.

In my student days, this legend had been spoken about in awed tones and vague terms of something out of El Dorado, a liquid delight that lay mid way between myth and legend but which might yet be shown or proven to have had some incredible yet welcome basis in actual fact.

Reactions: Don Quixote

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Had to go to Virginia this weekend. Bought a really great IPA* and a four pack of Guinness Foreign Extra !

Left it all there by mistake!

bah!

1706521425702.jpeg

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Had to go to Virginia this weekend. Bought a really great IPA* and a four pack of Guinness Foreign Extra !

Left it all there by mistake!

bah!

View attachment 2342449
You remembered the "really great" IPA, and forgot - actually, forgot - a four pack of Guinness Foreign Extra?

I don't know whether to commiserate with you on this amnesia or express how appalled I am at the fact that something so sublime could be over-looked on one's departure.

• Haha
Reactions: Don Quixote

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023
You remembered the "really great" IPA, and forgot - actually, forgot - a four pack of Guinness Foreign Extra?

I don't know whether to commiserate with you on this amnesia or express how appalled I am at the fact that something so sublime could be over-looked on one's departure.

OOPS! Should have been in quotes:

"Let me be clear:

I FORGOT ALL OF THE BEER!!

We can get Guinness Foreign Extra I just have to ask for it.

But the IPA I believe I'm out of luck." - @pachyderm

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Let me be clear:

I FORGOT ALL OF THE BEER!!

We can get Guinness Foreign Extra I just have to ask for it.

But the IPA I believe I'm out of luck.
Ah, worse still.

The image you posted distracted me.....

This is indeed a tragedy, but, one feels compelled to ask........how could this have happened?

I mean, forgetting your toothbrush is one thing, but forgetting to pack your beer.......

Commiserations indeed are in order.

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Ah, worse still.

The image you posted distracted me.....

This is indeed a tragedy, but, one feels compelled to ask........how could this have happened?

I mean, forgetting your toothbrush is one thing, but forgetting to pack your beer.......

Commiserations indeed are in order.
Yeah @Don Quixote is correct I did forget all the beer.

And for the record, we know each other outside of this forum... lol

I gave him a shout as soon as I'd realized that I was too far gone to go back and get it all... :(

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.