Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diggy33

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
Northern Virginia
Probably one of the best DIPA's that I've had. Hapoy Sunday folks!!

IMG_4578.jpeg

diggy33

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
Northern Virginia
How'd this one hit for you? Had one right at Black Friday and it was decent. I've felt that some of the BC variants have fallen off, but the standard has been very good the last few years. There's been ONE bottle of the Banana's Foster at my local Wegman's grocery store, and everytime we pass by it I say to my wife 'I should buy it, its so lonely'.

Reactions: Don Quixote

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
How'd this one hit for you? Had one right at Black Friday and it was decent. I've felt that some of the BC variants have fallen off, but the standard has been very good the last few years. There's been ONE bottle of the Banana's Foster at my local Wegman's grocery store, and everytime we pass by it I say to my wife 'I should buy it, its so lonely'.
Decent is the perfect definition. Top notch for an American beer. The lowest quality Fosters I have had, but it is a Fosters. Reaches for the Westvleteren 12, but falls very short.

diggy33

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
Northern Virginia
White Ferrari, hazy DIPA with Citra and Galaxy, two of my favorite hops. New beer shop and glass blowing studio called Crafted opened up around the corner from my place, so went and checked them out. I'm happy that the Veil finally has beers in distro outside of Richmond, VA. They were about to tap a Monkish keg, but there were too many people in the space for me to stick around.

IMG_4596.jpeg

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
White Ferrari, hazy DIPA with Citra and Galaxy, two of my favorite hops. New beer shop and glass blowing studio called Crafted opened up around the corner from my place, so went and checked them out. I'm happy that the Veil finally has beers in distro outside of Richmond, VA. They were about to tap a Monkish keg, but there were too many people in the space for me to stick around.

View attachment 2366231
Do enjoy.

That sort of beer brings summer to mind.

Heindijs

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
Last week was Belgian week at our country's Lidl again. Probably my favourite of the theme weeks they do, as it makes it really easy to buy good Belgian speciality beer. Last time I bought Piraat Tripel, Crius and this time I bought Piraat Blonde, Gulden Draak, Waterloo and my favourite of the bunch, Cuvee des Trolls
IMG_4397.jpeg

Admittedly, this isn't a picture of today, but last saturday when I came home from a beautful bke ride through the swampy erea's of my province. Perfect blonde beer to drink at 24c and cycling for a couple of hours.

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Last week was Belgian week at our country's Lidl again. Probably my favourite of the theme weeks they do, as it makes it really easy to buy good Belgian speciality beer. Last time I bought Piraat Tripel, Crius and this time I bought Piraat Blonde, Gulden Draak, Waterloo and my favourite of the bunch, Cuvee des Trolls
View attachment 2369152
Admittedly, this isn't a picture of today, but last saturday when I came home from a beautful bke ride through the swampy erea's of my province. Perfect blonde beer to drink at 24c and cycling for a couple of hours.
I'm intrigued...

Reactions: Heindijs

diggy33

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
Northern Virginia
Man it was so good. They sold out almost instantly. Aged in Buffalo Trace and Willett bourbon barrels. Clocking in at 15.5% had to share with my brother. 😅
There was a time when I would attack a high ABV stout like that and DARE it to get me drunk! These days just sniffing something like that might get me buzzed!!!!!

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
View attachment 2372437
Some Cornet strong Blond 8.5% to contrast the love for IPAs in this thread ;)

Nothing wrong with IPAs but I prefer a Belgian beer any day!
Such a nice oaked flavour and smell, and (another) free glass with it to boot.
Agree (completely) with you on a (pronounced) preference for Belgian beers, (indeed, Belgian classic beers) over (over-hopped) IPAs any (and every) day of the week.

A good IPA is fine in summer, but, in general, my personal preference more usually lies with Belgian classics (and also, some of the very good German beers, as well).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.