Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diggy33

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
Northern Virginia
Prairie Paradise, imperial stout brewed with coconut and vanilla. So good
7e8ff612cc4d8f02e89e2ca2550543f0.jpg

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I was really surprised at how much coffee I tasted in the after taste. It's been pleasant. Not something I would drink regularly, but a nice change.

Fascinating.

That is pretty much what I would have expected; vanilla, coffee, cocoa flavours all flatter sturdy stouts (and porters); lighter blond beers are a most unusual partner for such flavours - I would have expected something along the lines of citrus fruits, or some such.

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Fascinating.

That is pretty much what I would have expected; vanilla, coffee, cocoa flavours all flatter sturdy stouts (and porters); lighter blond beers are a most unusual partner for such flavours - I would have expected something along the lines of citrus fruits, or some such.
Yes. Which makes it so surprising in it's strength.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
CBS (with a lovely label of a prancing, saddled horse, but nowadays minus a Mountie, after the RCMP complained about using the image of a Mountie - resplendent in that stunning scarlet tunic and uniform - on the label for a bottle of beer) from Founders.

diggy33

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
Northern Virginia
Omitted to mention that I love the name "Choosey Mother"; fantastic.

What does a peanut butter porter taste like?

This looks (and I'd imagine tastes) amazing.

Lovely label, and I like the name as well.

All they had to do was put some chocolate in it, and it would be like drinking a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Its amazing - but you have to drink it cold and not let it get warmed up. I was doing some running around in the house and let about 1/4 of it sit for a while. Came back and took a sip and it almost tasted bitter. I am actually going down to the brewery in Richmond, VA tomorrow, along with some others in the area. And the French Toast is amazing - they also make a barrel aged one which is SO MUCH better. I am sad that it was the last one that I have; hopefully they do another release in the fall/winter

Reactions: Scepticalscribe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.