Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Any p

Any plans to lower it?

Thinking about it. I've seen some stock ones taken down just a tad and it just looks perfect. I have never lowered a vehicle before though. Ive raised plenty with my trucks and Jeep though :)

rcread

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2006
Duvall, WA USA
This is my 1971 Corvette. I bought it in February 1996. It's a 4-speed with a 350 that I built. The engine has a GM forged crank, forged Scat rods, forged pistons, 4-bolt mains, a roller cam and AFR 195 heads. It loves to rev. My wife and I drive it 800 miles down to Sonoma for two week vacations in the summer. The Vintage Air A/C makes that possible.

IMG_1718.jpeg

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Thinking about it. I've seen some stock ones taken down just a tad and it just looks perfect. I have never lowered a vehicle before though. Ive raised plenty with my trucks and Jeep though :)
Don’t do it. I have a Scat Pack Charger as photoed before, and I’m telling you, the ride quality will suffer. [And no, I don’t have back problems and I’m a young dude in my early 30’s], and that’s the one thing I don’t like about my Cobra (It was lowered 1” for tracking from when it was built), is that it will beat you up, and you will literally feel every bump, crack and crevice in the roadway. Also consider, if you have any type of incline or a slope in a driveway/roadway, you will scrape the front fascia. So there’s that.

Unless you’re tracking the car, more specifically, for handling dynamics, then I can understand lowering for gravity purposes, but just for the sake of ‘hiding the wheel gap’, it’s totally unnecessary, unless of course, you like the aesthetic look only. I considered lowering my Camaro, but the ride quality is so nice, being ‘touring’, that it just isn’t worth it.

The other consideration, is that the Scat Pack 392’s, they have the extended lip on the front bumper, and if that catches going up an incline or down a decline, it will damage it.

If you are going to lower it, look for Mopar springs or H&R, those are some of the best in my opinion, but are pricier.

Tint looks sharp.

Edit:

Look at the photo below of my Scat Pack and you’ll see how it’s stock, and that’s without any type of lowered modification. The clearance is not very good with these cars.

F6EE0D23-848F-4F4B-B91C-117E6BD95D9F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Hessel89

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
This is my 1971 Corvette. I bought it in February 1996. It's a 4-speed with a 350 that I built. The engine has a GM forged crank, forged Scat rods, forged pistons, 4-bolt mains, a roller cam and AFR 195 heads. It loves to rev. My wife and I drive it 800 miles down to Sonoma for two week vacations in the summer. The Vintage Air A/C makes that possible.

View attachment 1942071
Love the Sting Ray. That car was made long before I was even born, and to me, it was way ahead of its time, being it looks so sleek and had that futuristic look during that era with the curves and how everything flows with the overall symmetry.

Awesome ride!

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Don’t do it. I have a Scat Pack Charger as photoed before, and I’m telling you, the ride quality will suffer. [And no, I don’t have back problems and I’m a young dude in my early 30’s], and that’s the one thing I don’t like about my Cobra (It was lowered 1” for tracking from when it was built), is that it will beat you up, and you will literally feel every bump, crack and crevice in the roadway. Also consider, if you have any type of incline or a slope in a driveway/roadway, you will scrape the front fascia. So there’s that.

Unless you’re tracking the car, more specifically, for handling dynamics, then I can understand lowering for gravity purposes, but just for the sake of ‘hiding the wheel gap’, it’s totally unnecessary, unless of course, you like the aesthetic look only. I considered lowering my Camaro, but the ride quality is so nice, being ‘touring’, that it just isn’t worth it.

The other consideration, is that the Scat Pack 392’s, they have the extended lip on the front bumper, and if that catches going up an incline or down a decline, it will damage it.

If you are going to lower it, look for Mopar springs or H&R, those are some of the best in my opinion, but are pricier.

Tint looks sharp.

Edit:

Look at the photo below of my Scat Pack and you’ll see how it’s stock, and that’s without any type of lowered modification. The clearance is not very good with these cars.

View attachment 1946858
Great feedback. It would be purely for aesthetics but I would most likely not do it. I really like the clean look of the stock greatness of this vehicle which is why it has always been my dream combo with the Widebody and F8 Green color combo.
I am still considering exhaust options and have always been a Borla guy as I have had them on my last 2 vehicles.

Its a bit pricey though at around $1800 installed but may be worth it as I truly love the sound of their exhausts.
I am battling doing a matte black wrap over the hood, roof, and tail as well.

For now I am trying to drive her as much as possible and get over the break in period which has been excruciatingly slow considering the winter weather around these parts lately.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Little foam party action ?

Attachments

• 9C5D1B80-6AAF-4CB7-97CE-74CB2BAA7E98.jpeg
    9C5D1B80-6AAF-4CB7-97CE-74CB2BAA7E98.jpeg
    488.7 KB · Views: 141
  • B032C048-84C3-42BA-854C-7D83920EBA26.jpeg
    B032C048-84C3-42BA-854C-7D83920EBA26.jpeg
    512.9 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: shorestyle

cobra521

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2016
FL
My 1981 Mercury Zephyr wagon with a 557 cubic inch engine:
ZephyrDaytona.jpg

It goes to the grocery store, too 💪

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.