Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacHead84

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2013
I am a guest in the land of smiles
Signed the purchasing order yesterday for a brand new BMW 520d M Sport in Bluestone Metallic with Black interior. Delivery in 4-5 days only. So exited! It's my first brand new vehicle ever. :)

IMG_0417.jpeg

IMG_0420.jpeg

IMG_0416.jpeg

IMG_0419.jpeg

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2021
Signed the purchasing order yesterday for a brand new BMW 520d M Sport in Bluestone Metallic with Black interior. Delivery in 4-5 days only. So exited! It's my first brand new vehicle ever. :)

In Bangkok, do they let you test drive the BMW that you're buying before you sign the purchase contract? (not the test-drive demo vehicle)

Just wondering...

Thanks! :)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
9bb72c9a99838fe812502a59c7ecd231.jpg

All cleaned up…
Weird. I assume this is an old picture of a car that you don’t own anymore (Given it’s late fall where you’d have more coloration in the trees behind you), being that you mentioned in the ‘car thread’ that you actually sold this exact Mustang while ago. Don’t get me wrong, I love Mustangs and own a Cobra, and I’ve had 2 GT’s myself. I just recall remembering what you said.

I had a 2018 Mustang GT Premium, Performance Package 1, black. Over the past year or so, it has been more and more of an effort for my Missus to get in and out of it.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Weird. I assume this is an old picture of a car that you don’t own anymore (Given it’s late fall where you’d have more coloration in the trees behind you), being that you mentioned in the ‘car thread’ that you actually sold this exact Mustang while ago. Don’t get me wrong, I love Mustangs and own a Cobra, and I’ve had 2 GT’s myself. I just recall remembering what you said.

Yes, a very poor decision it was to get rid of my 2018. If you look at the photos from that model, it has factory lug nuts, silver.

This is my 2021 GT Premium PP1, with black lug nuts, parked at work, in Kennesaw, GA.
Maybe I should take a photo with today’s date and my username near it?

PS: Good memory…

Reactions: pilotkid

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Yes, a very poor decision it was to get rid of my 2018. If you look at the photos from that model, it has factory lug nuts, silver.

This is my 2021 GT Premium PP1, with black lug nuts, parked at work, in Kennesaw, GA.
Maybe I should take a photo with today’s date and my username near it?

PS: Good memory…
Totally believe you. I’ve purchased the same car twice just in a different colors. Not uncommon sometimes when we sell something and then want it back. I just remember your post back from the car thread and thought it was maybe an older picture. And you can never go wrong with black. Gotta love the 10-speed.

Enjoy.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Enjoy the new Bimmer! Is this your first BMW? You're going to love it!
(Did you opt for the turn signals 😂 )

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
That red with the ‘space Gray’ aero caps, is just such a unique looking combination. Seriously, Tesla absolutely nailed the styling (More so, the stance) of the Model 3.

So just an update, The Model 3 was my next car in line for electric, but I caved and deposited for the new EV F150 Lightning yesterday, likely in the XLT or Lariat trim. I’m also pre-ordering the Cybertruck when available. My sports car garage is filled, but I’m ready for the EV market here in the Midwest. Fuel is freakin expensive when using 93 octane, plus I want the EV tax credit.

Reactions: AustinIllini

Odysee

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2007
Manchester, UK
Reactions: MacHead84

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
That red with the ‘space Gray’ aero caps, is just such a unique looking combination. Seriously, Tesla absolutely nailed the styling (More so, the stance) of the Model 3.

So just an update, The Model 3 was my next car in line for electric, but I caved and deposited for the new EV F150 Lightning yesterday, likely in the XLT or Lariat trim. I’m also pre-ordering the Cybertruck when available. My sports car garage is filled, but I’m ready for the EV market here in the Midwest. Fuel is freakin expensive when using 93 octane, plus I want the EV tax credit.
I confess, this car is a lease, otherwise I would do a complete chrome delete.

I love the way the car looks, however the chrome/black look isn't my favorite.

Newer 3s have chrome delete from the factory, but the logos are still chrome. I'm leaning towards eventually buying the Model 3 Performance and doing complete Chrome delete.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I confess, this car is a lease, otherwise I would do a complete chrome delete.

I love the way the car looks, however the chrome/black look isn't my favorite.

Newer 3s have chrome delete from the factory, but the logos are still chrome. I'm leaning towards eventually buying the Model 3 Performance and doing complete Chrome delete.
That’s a huge part of what I really like about Tesla, is the styling is really unique, but they make their cars fun and not to the point where it’s just ‘slow and conserving’.

I’m sure you remember from the car thread, but I was almost to the brink of pulling the trigger on the Model 3 many times, and I’ve always wanted a truck (The Raptor was also a close but for me), and I think the Ford Lightning really is offering a lot of potential with clever tech, and they’re extremely quick. There’s a few videos up, you should see how fast that truck moves. So I’m looking forward to whenever that day happens when my ordering is confirmed.

If you ever migrate to the Performance model, definitely post in the car thread.

MacHead84

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2013
I am a guest in the land of smiles
Beautiful car! Are you based in Thailand? I visited Thailand back in 2015, beautiful place. Have you visited Jim Thompson's house? ;)
Yes I do live in Thailand. I never visited J.T. House. It's just not my cup of tea.
Thailand has been more or less shut for the past 2 years due to the Corona pandemic. Now it's slowly starting to reopen to foreign tourist.

Reactions: Odysee

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Freakin A man. Dem tires probably take up the whole road!😁

Are you still in line for a Cybertruck? I reserved the Lightning and probably will a Cybertruck in addition.

Last I heard from you, you were considering the F8 green Scatpack. I still have my pitch black clearcoat Scat. Nothing short of amazing.

If I haven’t posted this, hear ya go from last summer.

16FA2308-9EED-4280-9F0C-8E3BF9350CBD.jpeg

And a bonus Pic of my supercharged Cobra…
F8B42AE6-1EC9-446E-A6CA-C446DA79BEAD.jpeg

And lastly, my latest addition, Edelbrock Supercharged Camaro SS…:cool:

33A27348-7653-40CB-825E-77269B85829C.jpeg
89CA85A8-0754-4C56-9A35-5EA5328D667B.jpeg

Last edited:

opeter

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2007
Slovenia
One of my colleagues said that he would never buy a used car because he wants to be the first to fart into a fresh seat. And I asked him: how do you know that you are the first one to sit in the seat of a new car, even if it is from the factory?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.