Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

port43

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2021
Detroit suburb
amber_yard.jpg

panjandrum

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2009
United States
I just found this thread.

View attachment 1742441
That Evora is a beautiful machine and I'm sure an absolute joy to drive. Personally I'm hoping they eventually bring the new Alpine a110 to the North American market. It's exactly what I want, but the Evora is way up there on the list too. Not that there is anything at all wrong with my 912E, but reality, parts availability and surging value of classic air cooled Porsches suggests that someday in the next 20 years or so it may have to be sold. If that ever happens I very much want to replace it with something light, 'underpowered' by American standards, extremely nimble, with a rearward weight bias, and both reasonably affordable and reliable. That really, really limits my choices.

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
Despite owning it for nearly five years, I have just recently gotten into detailing so it feels new to me now.
View attachment 1783801
Same, started getting really particular about keeping my cars clean couple years ago, and it seems to be getting worse ;)

Good looking E60 there, and they are going up in value.

Just bought this. I was absolutely horrified by the dealer's delivery prep "detailing". It was absolutely filthy. Washed it myself the next day. The next car I buy, I will absolutely insist that they don't "detail" it.

Will put a coating on this pony soon :)

Mach-E.JPG

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
You either love the Mach E styling or you hate it. I fall somewhere in between. Points for uniqueness but it can't decide what it wants to be when it grows up. An SUV or a Sedan. And pretty sad they put the Mustang name on it as there is nothing Mustang about it.
Nice first attempt for Ford though and it definitely will turn heads.
Congrats on the new ride!

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
You either love the Mach E styling or you hate it. I fall somewhere in between. Points for uniqueness but it can't decide what it wants to be when it grows up. An SUV or a Sedan. And pretty sad they put the Mustang name on it as there is nothing Mustang about it.
Nice first attempt for Ford though and it definitely will turn heads.
Congrats on the new ride!
Hmm, you kind of contradicted yourself there ;) I love it. It seems to be quite a head turner, perhaps because many don't know what it is yet.

As to it being an SUV or a sedan, I guess that's why the marketing people came up with "cross over". I've never let marketing sell me any products. They could've called it Fluttershy for all I care lol.

Putting the Mustang badge on it does seem like a smart marketing decision though. I've had a couple of people come up to me and asked if it's a Mustang. I replied Mach-E, an electric Mustang. Had it just been a Ford badge, I suspect they wouldn't have asked.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
NB2 Miata. I've previously owned a 1990 NA Miata and this is better in pretty much every way. That being said, I'm getting really tired of daily driving it. I'd like to get something a little bit bigger. Don't get me wrong, it's a phenomenal car.

Attachments

• IMG_4383.jpg
    IMG_4383.jpg
    441.8 KB · Views: 99

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
I missed my old Mazdaspeed 3, so I got another one. 2012 tech package. This one isn't as clean as my old one, but it's better in almost every other way. 110K on the motor. BNR S1, Cobb DP and full exhaust, Damond motor mounts, BC coilovers, Evo X wheels. I'm going to get the roof wrapped and see about getting the hood and the wing resprayed. It's nice to be back in a Mazdaspeed.

IMG_4951.jpg

Reactions: Digger148

SigEp265

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2011
Southern California
I missed my old Mazdaspeed 3, so I got another one. 2012 tech package. This one isn't as clean as my old one, but it's better in almost every other way. 110K on the motor. BNR S1, Cobb DP and full exhaust, Damond motor mounts, BC coilovers, Evo X wheels. I'm going to get the roof wrapped and see about getting the hood and the wing resprayed. It's nice to be back in a Mazdaspeed.

View attachment 1806801
Speed! I had a first gen. Miss that car. I picked up an evo9 after

• Love
Reactions: three

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
My new-to-me Cayman GTS spent the last 3 weeks with the detailer for paint correction, paint protection film, and ceramic coating. It returned home on Tuesday and I took a few beauty shots of it this morning. It goes to the car audio shop on the 9th to have a CAN bus cable installed for an AiM lap timer in preparation for its next track day on March 27.

View attachment 1736327
981 GTS's are the bomb. I notice you have the mesh installed on the front as well. I drive one every now and then and they are FANTASTIC! They hold their value extremely well and are rare (I've heard +/- 1,000 981 Cayman GTS's produced between 2015-2016). What kind of brakes do you have? Considering the Girodisc or 350/330 Porsche factory upgrade... looks like you may already be way past that.

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
981 GTS's are the bomb. I notice you have the mesh installed on the front as well. I drive one every now and then and they are FANTASTIC! They hold their value extremely well and are rare (I've heard +/- 1,000 981 Cayman GTS's produced between 2015-2016). What kind of brakes do you have? Considering the Girodisc or 350/330 Porsche factory upgrade... looks like you may already be way past that.
I am keeping the car mostly stock. I have Sebro slotted rotors on the car with Ferodo DS3.12 pads. At $2300 for a set, Girodisc rotors are a bit spendy for an upgrade whose need has yet to materialize. I was up at the Ridge Motorsports Park (Shelton, WA) over the weekend and the pads were great on track, albeit somewhat noisy on the street.

FWIW, the car has a 6MT, X73 suspension, and PTV, so it has a nice spec for a car that sees regular track time.

And since this is a photo thread...

Attachments

• 2021-08-21 07.34.44.jpg
    2021-08-21 07.34.44.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 122
Reactions: Zwhaler
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.