Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
Let’s kick off 2023 with some fresh pics of your rides 🤘

5atreOn.jpg

IBNqNqH.jpg

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
2017 Mazda 3 and a 2004 Miata. I VERY luckily picked up the Miata for $1900. It's running and driving but needs a soft top and a little exterior work, most of which is already fixed!

The weather is slowly getting better here in the PNW... Finally! There isn't much that I will be doing to the Mazda 3. I've done my little tweaks and touches, and I'm pleased with the car. It's the best daily, it's comfortable, calm and quiet. The Miata on the other hand... I've already got a host of parts sitting in the garage and ready to get installed when I have a day or two to install. Coilovers, wheels and tires, sway bars, and so many other little things!

Look closely at the license plate on the Mazda 3. I am really not sure how / why that was available, but it was and I swooped it.

Attachments

• IMG_1982.JPG
    IMG_1982.JPG
    735 KB · Views: 136
  • 20230219_174055.jpg
    20230219_174055.jpg
    699.5 KB · Views: 129

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
2017 Mazda 3 and a 2004 Miata. I VERY luckily picked up the Miata for $1900. It's running and driving but needs a soft top and a little exterior work, most of which is already fixed!

The weather is slowly getting better here in the PNW... Finally! There isn't much that I will be doing to the Mazda 3. I've done my little tweaks and touches, and I'm pleased with the car. It's the best daily, it's comfortable, calm and quiet. The Miata on the other hand... I've already got a host of parts sitting in the garage and ready to get installed when I have a day or two to install. Coilovers, wheels and tires, sway bars, and so many other little things!

Look closely at the license plate on the Mazda 3. I am really not sure how / why that was available, but it was and I swooped it.
LOL. I saw that the Miata started with "69" and went "that's a Miata, not a 3!" Just assumed that's what you were joking about.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012

Enjoying my 2012 MX5 (Miata) continuously, I hope you will too !

• Love
Reactions: Brachaci and three

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
After 30 years, finally the Rust Monster got a hold of my Marcos' chassis 🥲
It failed to pass the Technical Inspection (which did not come as a total surprise though).
I decided to put it up for sale as a restoration project. Any oldtimer lover out there ?

30Y.jpeg

Vref

Suspended
Feb 16, 2023
DHP

You going to do any SCCA with the Miata?

Proper cars, ton of car for less than a macbook!

• Love
Reactions: three

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
You going to do any SCCA with the Miata?

Proper cars, ton of car for less than a macbook!
I've actually been looking into some sort of events with the Miata. I haven't ever done it, but I'd love to do it!

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
After 30 years, finally the Rust Monster got a hold of my Marcos' chassis 🥲
It failed to pass the Technical Inspection (which did not come as a total surprise though).
I decided to put it up for sale as a restoration project. Any oldtimer lover out there ?

View attachment 2163675
I trust you find a keen buyer.:)
I still relish the memories of frequently driving a friends 3litre Marcos back in the early 70's. A stunning looking car which turned heads everywhere we went in the UK, as did my Lotus Type 74 Europa Twin-Cam. Completely different cars to drive, the Marcos quite a 'hairy' brute, whilst the Lotus was super-light on it's toes with fabulous handling and exhilerating performance!

Reactions: satcomer

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
I trust you find a keen buyer.:)
I still relish the memories of frequently driving a friends 3litre Marcos back in the early 70's. A stunning looking car which turned heads everywhere we went in the UK, as did my Lotus Type 74 Europa Twin-Cam. Completely different cars to drive, the Marcos quite a 'hairy' brute, whilst the Lotus was super-light on it's toes with fabulous handling and exhilerating performance!
Thanks for the comment !
Of course your Lotus Europa was making heads turn, such an interesting car indeed.
I had no idea about its driving experience though, nice to read your feedback on that.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
When a friend offers you a good deal on BBS wheels that come stock with the Evo X MR, you can't help but say sure, why not! 18x8.5 + 35 fits really well on the Mazda 3. I know the white wheels aren't for everyone, but I really like this look. I'm looking into suspension to lower it a little bit, too! I want to slam it, but I would like to keep it daily-able. About 1 - 1.5 inches lower is what I'm looking for.

PXL_20230326_223715875.jpg

tcphoto1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2008
Nashville, TN
Modify the things that you touch, I started with the ZHP shift knob, an M Sport steering wheel wrapped in Napa leather and then an alcantara shift boot.

Attachments

• _D4A3225.jpg
    _D4A3225.jpg
    514.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.