Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clicker150

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2017
IMG_6360.jpeg

Apple_Glen_UK

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2015
West Sussex, England
I know I'm late to the party (about 2 years late!) but I have only just picked up an iPhone 11 Pro. I had an SE 2 and was holding out for a 13 Pro. However, I was put off by the threads on here - and elsewhere - regarding poor quality of photos and the post-processing issues. I would have considered a 12 Pro but I know a couple of people who are not particularly happy with them thus I finally went for the 11 Pro.

I haven't had a proper chance to use it yet and these are just a couple of photos I have taken. I'm guessing many of the contributors to this thread have since moved on to 12s or 13?

By the way; now that the HEIC image format has been around a few years I am curious to know whether most people use that or JPG?

IMG_5015.jpg

tempImageWfSPmQ.png

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
By the way; now that the HEIC image format has been around a few years I am curious to know whether most people use that or JPG?

Welcome to the party! Albeit, late. but hey as they say - better late than never.

I’ve been using HEIC because it takes less space, still produces good quality pictures and iOS automatically converts it into JPG while sharing. So win win.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Welcome to the party! Albeit, late. but hey as they say - better late than never.

I’ve been using HEIC because it takes less space, still produces good quality pictures and iOS automatically converts it into JPG while sharing. So win win.

I email from my iPhone for single and small numbers of images, and they always seem to come over as heic, and no one wants to take them for posting. I seem to always have to convert them. *sigh*

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
I email from my iPhone for single and small numbers of images, and they always seem to come over as heic, and no one wants to take them for posting. I seem to always have to convert them. *sigh*

Interesting admittedly I don’t use email to share pictures, can you try any other app to share the pictures and see if that converts it? For example in my case I use signal messenger with all my Android using friends and they’ve never complained about the pictures I share.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Interesting admittedly I don’t use email to share pictures, can you try any other app to share the pictures and see if that converts it? For example in my case I use signal messenger with all my Android using friends and they’ve never complained about the pictures I share.

The two areas where I've had issues are, surprisingly, Apple Mail, and posting pictures here. Oh, ebay doesn't like them either. For the later, I assume they just want .jpg files because of history, but not for any other reason. *shrug*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.