Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

STOCK411

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2007
Pre covid one of my coworkers had a french bulldog at the office that would bark twice as soon as its “owner” stepped away and then drag the rolling chair he was tied to down the “hall” looking for him. Lol.

I ended up “volunteering” to watch it when he would go meetings so it would not constantly pull the chair it was tied to every time he stepped away

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Pre covid one of my coworkers had a french bulldog at the office that would bark twice as soon as its “owner” stepped away and then drag the rolling chair he was tied to down the “hall” looking for him. Lol.

I ended up “volunteering” to watch it when he would go meetings so it would not constantly pull the chair it was tied to every time he stepped away
They’re funny personalities that’s for sure!

iPhonNick

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2019
Netherlands
IMG_0006.jpg

First photo with the 14Pro I just got in the mail.
Standard settings.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
I can't for the life of me understand why Apple keeps crushing shadows and blowing out highlights in bright scenes. Again, based on the photos I've seen through all the reviews and some of the photos posted here there isn't much of an upgrade coming from the 13 Pro.

masciam

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2011
so what size storage would be best for RAW photos?
If you plan on taking all your pictures in 48mp RAW, I'd go for 512gb at least, but I personally only switch to RAW if I plan on editing each photo individually later or in challenging situations (backlit, high contrast, etc). I wouldn't bother using it for casual snaps or events where you take hundreds of pictures.

I wish there was a way to convert a RAW picture to HEIC ou JPEG using the native photos app, though. IMO it does a better job in handling the DNGs than Lightroom, and is also able to keep the HDR profile.

adamgbiggs

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2013
UK
If you plan on taking all your pictures in 48mp RAW, I'd go for 512gb at least, but I personally only switch to RAW if I plan on editing each photo individually later or in challenging situations (backlit, high contrast, etc). I wouldn't bother using it for casual snaps or events where you take hundreds of pictures.

I wish there was a way to convert a RAW picture to HEIC ou JPEG using the native photos app, though. IMO it does a better job in handling the DNGs than Lightroom, and is also able to keep the HDR profile.
I use a simple shortcut, open the RAW pic in Photos, hit share button and press convert to HEIC, done.
F42BBB6A-EBAB-4160-856C-7277FD45DA38.png
BCDA2CC6-88AC-41F6-A81F-93F3AB70B8A4.jpeg

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Curious why you're starting more mega threads days before devices are in people's hands. Why the mods keep allowing this is beyond me and it's really annoying. You don't need to be first always and forever. It really needs to stop. Unless you're on payroll for MR?

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Curious why you're starting more mega threads days before devices are in people's hands. Why the mods keep allowing this is beyond me and it's really annoying. You don't need to be first always and forever. It really needs to stop. Unless you're on payroll for MR?
You don't have to read it if you don't like it. Not like it's cluttering up the forum. There are a lot of threads to complain about if that's your issue.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I don't think there was any malicious intent from the original poster and thread starter.
She is just filled with an overabundance of exuberance and excitement :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.