Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Android One phones can use a manufacturers camera and Samsung Pay is just an app. MST probably wouldn't work, sure, but that's probably not long for this world anyway.
Samsung Pay is an app...but it also uses Knox and other authentication behind the scene. But why would Samsung do this? They have no incentive to put out a stock Galaxy S 9 Plus.
[doublepost=1536615362][/doublepost]
They already made a cheap Android One device. Theoretically, no incentive to do that. Yet, they did. Perhaps Google has more leverage than we thought?

Samsung worked with Google Play Edition devices as well. Samsung might make $ off future non Samsung experience software devices.
They stopped making the GPE phones a few years ago. I don't them ever going back to that. They have no incentive or reason other than to satisfy a very small minority that wants to rom and root devices. The market for these phones is too small for them. The $$ it took to make/image and to support these phones more than likely did not make is sustainable for them.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Samsung Pay is an app...but it also uses Knox and other authentication behind the scene. But why would Samsung do this? They have no incentive to put out a stock Galaxy S 9 Plus.
They stopped making the GPE phones a few years ago. I don't them ever going back to that. They have no incentive or reason other than to satisfy a very small minority that wants to rom and root devices. The market for these phones is too small for them. The $$ it took to make/image and to support these phones more than likely did not make is sustainable for them.

I didn't say they would, I said they could.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013

I am just saying that GPE existed and Android One is a Samsung investment right now. Samsung could make more flagships available on the program's site soon, never know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.