Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
Google does not want more than a few people to buy their phone anyway. They only sell them in five or six countries. Google has a very strange sales and marketing mindset.

Reactions: Oohara

TechAndOSWorld

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2018
Slovakia
remember when iPhone X had a similar issue? my mom has experienced it personally. other people could unlock her iPhone by just looking at it. and I'm not talking about identical twins.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
remember when iPhone X had a similar issue? my mom has experienced it personally. other people could unlock her iPhone by just looking at it. and I'm not talking about identical twins.

Did Apple ever fixed it? First reported with iPhone X and was still happening with iPhone 12. Haven't kept up if it still does it with iPhone 13.

iPhone X

iPhone 12

• Love
Reactions: Heat_Fan89

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Well it looks like the Pixel 6a will continue Google's pathetic attempts at a phone. Fingerprint scanner issues...lol. Way to go Google.

ya know at least be consistant if you are going crtitisize.....
I guess you are an Apple fan? But somehow this is ok to you?

magic-mouse-2-lightning.jpeg

phineasbogg

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2008
Have had mine for a day now and it is a good phone. Fingerprint scanner is fine and not displaying the issues some had mentioned. Love the size compared to the 6 pro. I have no problem with the screen and that is even with the fancy screen of the 13 pro max running alongside as my main phone. Bottom line is if you value the pixel experience, you will value this phone. For me, if I had to rock just one phone, it would be an iPhone, but having this as secondary is perfect.

babyexercise

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2021
Google does not want more than a few people to buy their phone anyway. They only sell them in five or six countries. Google has a very strange sales and marketing mindset.

Seem like Google just wants to show they can make phone but not try to make money out of it, no doubt full of bugs.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I still have a 4a and the fingerprint scanner is very fast. But it is on the back and not on the screen.
Think I'll wait to see how the 7 does. Will be getting one of the 6, 6a and 7.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
Have had mine for a day now and it is a good phone. Fingerprint scanner is fine and not displaying the issues some had mentioned. Love the size compared to the 6 pro. I have no problem with the screen and that is even with the fancy screen of the 13 pro max running alongside as my main phone. Bottom line is if you value the pixel experience, you will value this phone. For me, if I had to rock just one phone, it would be an iPhone, but having this as secondary is perfect.
yes have to agree with you on this, I have the 13 Pro Max brick, which is nice, picked up one of the 6a phones and its impressive... no major issues with finger print sensor either. photo qulaty is excellent IMO.. operators very similar to iPhone even uses games emojis? (??) not sure how.. but hey!
Only real complaint is the phone gets warm, but perhaps this is due to indexing?
The size is completely perfect , so think and light and sharp looking. Synches up with my iPhone perfectly also.. these phones have come a LONG WAY!

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
Amazon has a $50 gift card with the purchase of the 6a and another color has a discount that brings the price of the phone down to $399 and if you are approved for the Amazon Visa card you get an extra $50. You could basically buy the 6a for $349.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Just picked a 6a up, can't really fault it at all.

No lagging, no stuttering, no overheating(I don't game), no problems!

I get the same experience on this as I do my 6 Pro in a more pocket and hand friendly package.

I'm going to keep my sim in the 6a for a while and see how I fair.
Not according to the people who don't have the phone? So you can't be correct!!
:p
Glad you're enjoying it! The size of the 6a looks ideal IMO.

MarkX

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland
Not according to the people who don't have the phone? So you can't be correct!!

Glad you're enjoying it! The size of the 6a looks ideal IMO.
I know, I must have been extremely fortunate!

Over the years, like many of us, I have used many smartphones. I always get pulled in by the "must have features" of the Flagships and then never actually find the features all that beneficial to how I actually use my phone. The "best" is always bigger but they never really suit my active lifestyle.

Sure 120hz is nice, and so is having a telephoto lens but they're not essential to me for a good experience. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that I'm wasting money time and time again!

That being said, I'll probably do it again

Reactions: Aneres11

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
I know, I must have been extremely fortunate!

Over the years, like many of us, I have used many smartphones. I always get pulled in by the "must have features" of the Flagships and then never actually find said features all that beneficial to how I actually use my phone. The "best" is always bigger but they never really suit my active lifestyle.

Sure 120hz is nice, and so is having a telephoto lens but they're not essential to me for a good experience. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that I'm wasting money time and time again!

That being said, I'll probably do it again
Lol join the club my friend!
I will admit, if the 6a had 90hz I'd have bought one. I don't love the curved screen on the Pro and I know I'd prefer the size of the a.
I just can't go back to 60hz now!

Glad you're liking the 6a. I think it's a bargain.

cosmogrammar

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2022
I was just able to trade in my cracked-screen Google Pixel 3a for $300 when buying the 6a, bringing the price of the 6a to $150 + tax. I was strongly considering switching to iPhone, but it's just an absurd bargain.

Plus, in everyday usage of the phone, Gboard and universal back gesture for navigation are just features that are too good to give up... still would like to try an iPhone sometime to see if it's really easier to use, though, especially with my new MBA M2.

Reactions: NoGood@Usernames
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.