Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Creibold

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
Hello everyone! The new Pokemon Diamond and Pearl come out tomorrow, and I was just wondering who all here is going to go out and buy one of them, or two!! (Yes, it's been ten years now :p )

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I bought Pearl and Diamon for me and Caroline. I thought FF3 was a good RPG! I'm hooked. Thought it was standard Pokemon fare until the Underground bit!

Yea awesome game. My code is James - 2492 0597 1043 12 hours in, 2 gym badges (taking my sweet time), all Pokemon around lv20-25.

BurtonCCC

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Wheaton/Normal, IL
I've got Diamond and I'm around where James is at. I think I've played an hour or two more though. It's so easy to just mess around on the side quests!

3179-2571-6512

Daniel.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
I'm playing diamond and my son's playing pearl. We're both also just around the second gym.

Haven't got wifi working yet (it won't take my WEP key).

B

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
I've got Diamond, but haven't set up my wifi yet.
I just beat the 4th gym.

Prinplup lvl 32
Alakazam lvl 31
Ponyta lvl 27
Chartot lvl 26
Cranidos lvl 26
Geodude lvl 21 (HM slave :p)

I higly recommend Alakazam for the fourth gym, if you can teach it shock wave (it's a TM I found). I beat all the trainers and the gym leader with JUST him, and didn't have to use any potions or other healers. It was awesome.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Hah, I have a Geodude as a HM Slave too. Swampert was my last one :(

Frankly my dear I love everything in this game. Especially the trainer battle music, there are little melody bits in that I keep listening out for.

Anyone up for a trade? I can send you starters you didn't pick?

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
Me want Pokemon Diaomond. :)
But, I can't get it yet, can't spend my money until I get a chance to take out the girl I like.
Ha ha, I have a life. :)

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
Me want Pokemon Diaomond. :)
But, I can't get it yet, can't spend my money until I get a chance to take out the girl I like.
Ha ha, I have a life. :)

Ha, my girl is in school hours away. I don't get to take her out until the summer. So yeah, I have some cash to spend.

And when you play this game, you will understand obsession.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Got it last Sunday, at have a 27, 26 and 25. So far its a great game, however my DS lite has finally got a broken hidge....but now I'll get a new one(great cuz my D-Pad is getting a bit worn out!)

Guess I'll be using the DS phat soon

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I had a play on my classic DS for kicks, I find it's actually a very nicely designed system. The speakers are much better than the Lites and I much prefer the SP style buttons. Less dead zone to push through.

My Caroline is 30 hours in now :D or should that be :eek:

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
This actually that good?

It doesn't look there's anything amazingly great about this game besides the WiFi. :rolleyes:

Granted I bought both games so I can play with my sister :D Will try it when I go home and actually get back to my DS.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
I had a play on my classic DS for kicks, I find it's actually a very nicely designed system. The speakers are much better than the Lites and I much prefer the SP style buttons. Less dead zone to push through.

My Caroline is 30 hours in now :D or should that be :eek:

no questions in my mind, the buttons on the old one are better IMO, the D-Pad moves around to much for my liking on the Lite....but the screen!!! Its so nice!

sb58

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2006
Hades
got all 8 badges. i have a level 50 Dialga and 59 Empoleon. I'm going to trade my 100 Charizard and 50 Zapdos from Leafgreen so i'm nice and balanced. and my WoW Friend may hook me up with a 100 mew. sweet.

and my WiFi isn't working very well atm... i don't even know my friend code :(

BTW: does anyone know where i can get Waterfall? these online guides say Nasagi City but that doesn't exist on this version XD

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
It should be, you can't out grow on the the best game ever!!

Haha, so true. I graduate university in about 6 weeks with a First Class Degree, b-b-b-but Pokemon :eek:

applekid said:
It doesn't look there's anything amazingly great about this game besides the WiFi.
How do you improve on perfection? Check the Gamefaqs or Metacritic scores on the GBA games, such a highly rated series. If they play with the formula too much they run the risk of breaking it. The game size is already 64mb, imagine that with 3D models for all 500 Pokemon :eek:

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Battle Revolutions looks really good....with the whole DS to Wii thing working so well, since its all done wirelessly!

edit-my code

0086 8842 8895 named Rob

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
How do you improve on perfection? Check the Gamefaqs or Metacritic scores on the GBA games, such a highly rated series. If they play with the formula too much they run the risk of breaking it. The game size is already 64mb, imagine that with 3D models for all 500 Pokemon :eek:

Pokemon Stadium was on 64 MiB catridge (and probably didn't use every single megabyte), according to Wikipedia. The DS cartridge can get as large as 128 MB, from last I heard. 3D Pokemon would've been a nice start, but that's not I'm going for. Pokemon the TV show (early on when I was 10 year old and actually kept up with it) had a lot more interaction between the Pokemon and the trainer. Would've been nice to have Pokemon that are more personal. Granted, I haven't played the DS one quite yet, so I'll hold judgement.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
There's a lot of interaction now, like a clear way of finding out if your Pokemon likes you, the photo booth place, the "contests". It's all adding up, but I agree there should be more interaction as a whole. And sticking a fire spewing horse in a 1x1 piece of tall grass shouldn't happen.

Added Rob and Daniel :D

sb58

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2006
Hades
i don't get the whole random encounters... i just found a wild steelix on Victory Road, and that thing weighs nearly a ton. how could i have just happened upon it? wouldn't that thing take up damn near the entire cavern?

btw, ingame, your character is incredibly short. go to the pokedex, pick a random pokemon, and do a height comparison or w/e. you're only like 4'8"
thats ridiculous XD

it5five

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2006
New York
I just bought Pearl today, but what I really want is just simple remake of Red and Blue for DS. I have NO idea what is going on with these new Pokemon, and a lot of my peers (early 20's) agree. I want to use the Pokemon I grew up with without all of these new ones in my way.

That said, Pearl and Tetris will probably own my DS this summer since I just finished finals. :)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
They remade Red and Blue as FireRed and LeafGreen for the GBA a couple of years ago. It's basically the original games, designed to get GBA players able to bring across the old Pokemon. They included a series of islands once you beat the game too so you could capture the whole Gold/Silver Pokemon. It's a huge game and tons of fun :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.